The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine: 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sk88
yep yep but i have a crap ukcat and hope that my MSc will compnsate for it. how was ur ukcat?

825 average - had a lucky day.
Reply 2821
Original post by ah639
825 average - had a lucky day.

im almost certain that will secure you an interview.
How are people entering their degree mark (as in the actual percentage) on UCAS?! I got a strong first in my B.Sc with 78% but dont know how to enter the actual percentage as there is only the option to selec 1st/2.i etc. Or do we not need to enter the final grade?!Thanks!
Original post by GraduateMedLyf
How are people entering their degree mark (as in the actual percentage) on UCAS?! I got a strong first in my B.Sc with 78% but dont know how to enter the actual percentage as there is only the option to selec 1st/2.i etc. Or do we not need to enter the final grade?!Thanks!

If you manually enter your individual modules then you can add a % for each. That way you can show off the high grades, although I wouldn't be suprised if all uni's ask for a transcript anyway at some point...
Original post by neuronerd
If you manually enter your individual modules then you can add a % for each. That way you can show off the high grades, although I wouldn't be suprised if all uni's ask for a transcript anyway at some point...

Ah okay thank you! My first year modules didn't count towards my degree mark (and were lower than my second and third year marks) can I leave those out or do we need to include all of them even if they didn't contribute to the final mark?
Original post by GraduateMedLyf
Ah okay thank you! My first year modules didn't count towards my degree mark (and were lower than my second and third year marks) can I leave those out or do we need to include all of them even if they didn't contribute to the final mark?

Isn't that the same at all uni's? I'm pretty sure all 1st year degree marks are not used in the final grade. I put all mine in, no small feat (29 modules in total)!
guys need help please....im applying to a 5 years programme and have my 3 choices settled the last one is bugging me...I got 687.5 in ukcat and 2.1 biomed ....a levels are ABBb and good gcses too.....i want to apply to either dundee or glasgow or aberdeen but cant decided as all are so similar :/ :frown:....please help!
How long do the unis usually take to inform us if we've got an interview?
Reply 2828
I know this has been asked before so apologies, but its about the ukcat pid dilemma. I sent off my application (:afraid:), and it came up with a screen explaining its been sent to ucas and they'll process it, and it gave me a pid, do i use this one for ukcat? it also said in the bit below that they'll send me a letter when its processed with what could be a different pid but i think this letter will be too late after the deadline to tell pearson vue my choices?? i don't know what to do
Original post by kj0511
I know this has been asked before so apologies, but its about the ukcat pid dilemma. I sent off my application (:afraid:), and it came up with a screen explaining its been sent to ucas and they'll process it, and it gave me a pid, do i use this one for ukcat? it also said in the bit below that they'll send me a letter when its processed with what could be a different pid but i think this letter will be too late after the deadline to tell pearson vue my choices?? i don't know what to do

You'll get an email from Track either later today or tomorrow morning, the PID you need to use will be on that. No need to worry!!

It's the same PID that you had the first time you used UCAS (your first degree) so if you can remember it or have it written somewhere it'll be that one!!
Reply 2830
Original post by SummerSunshine
You'll get an email from Track either later today or tomorrow morning, the PID you need to use will be on that. No need to worry!!

It's the same PID that you had the first time you used UCAS (your first degree) so if you can remember it or have it written somewhere it'll be that one!!

ah thank you I panicked! Will I be able to sign into track then when I receive this email?
Original post by kj0511
ah thank you I panicked! Will I be able to sign into track then when I receive this email?

Yep you will be able to, but don't expect to see any changes for a while!! :P
Just got a generic email from Bart's acknowledging my application and nearly jumped out of my skin - it's going to be a nervy few months! :redface:
Original post by LilithSternin
Just got a generic email from Bart's acknowledging my application and nearly jumped out of my skin - it's going to be a nervy few months! :redface:

I felt exactly the same when I saw the email!
Original post by DoeADeer
How long do the unis usually take to inform us if we've got an interview?

Where did you apply?
Do we have to put uni module results on UCAS?
Original post by PkT1991
I felt exactly the same when I saw the email!

When I saw it, for one mad crazy second I thought they'd rejected me outright! I thought I must have done something horribly wrong somehow!
Reply 2837
Original post by SummerSunshine
Yep you will be able to, but don't expect to see any changes for a while!! :P

haha I'm hoping overnight they all just accept me!
Appplying for four 5 yr courses.....

Sheffield
Bristol
Manchester
Nottingham

ukcat 682.5

Anyone think any of these are a terrible idea? I don't yet know how I'm going to fund myself.
Original post by NHSFan
Where did you apply?

King's and Barts for both their 4 and 5 year courses.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending