The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine: 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
It says for their 2016 entry they will only accept science degrees

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 281
Original post by Alexdaman93
Where are people finding that Kings only accept science graduates?

"Compulsory subjects
Either:
A minimum 2:1 (upper second class honour) undergraduate degree (or international equivalent) in any subject
or
a 2:2 (lower second class honours) undergraduate degree with a postgraduate degree (with at least a Merit) in any subject.
or
Diploma of Higher Education in Nursing: Pass with at least two years' nursing work experience"

A friend who is currently studying there told me that this was the case from next year onwards.
Original post by tw781
It says for their 2016 entry they will only accept science degrees

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where, though?
http://www.kcl.ac.uk/prospectus/undergraduate/medicine-graduate-professional-entry-programme

It's not on there (unless I'm missing something!)
Reply 283
Original post by Alexdaman93
Where, though?
http://www.kcl.ac.uk/prospectus/undergraduate/medicine-graduate-professional-entry-programme

It's not on there (unless I'm missing something!)

It was on there, then was removed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 284
Hi guys
I'm trying to get buy the appropriate books to revise for GAMSAT and I'm wondering if anyone could recommend any for someone who hasn't done chemistry or biology since GCSE.
I've heard 'organic chemistry for dummies' is a good one but when I've searched online there are 3 of them. Are all 3 relevant?
Also if anyone has any other recommendations that would be very welcome :smile:
Thanks
Reply 285
As this years applicants have their Warwick interviews today I just got the programme for the open day a week today. Ahh it's all becoming so real and scary

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 286
Original post by tw781
As this years applicants have their Warwick interviews today I just got the programme for the open day a week today. Ahh it's all becoming so real and scary

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fab! What's on? I'm going to the one in April.
Reply 287
Original post by tjaldur
Fab! What's on? I'm going to the one in April.

The usual admission, curriculum, student experience, careers etc and also taster sessions including clinical anatomy and medical imaging, a q and a, overview of anatomy services and viewing of plastinated specimens!

I'm so excited! Although I looked at university accommodation and it's so expensive!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 288
Original post by tw781
The usual admission, curriculum, student experience, careers etc and also taster sessions including clinical anatomy and medical imaging, a q and a, overview of anatomy services and viewing of plastinated specimens!

I'm so excited! Although I looked at university accommodation and it's so expensive!

That sounds good (and useful). I hope you have a fab time. Boo about the accommodation, though :frown:
Reply 289
Original post by tw781

Posted from TSR Mobile

How much is their accommodation? When I went to the open day I stayed in a hotel for £45. Not sure if that's any cheaper.
Reply 290
Original post by wl1
How much is their accommodation? When I went to the open day I stayed in a hotel for £45. Not sure if that's any cheaper.

I mean halls of residence if we were to move there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 291
Original post by tw781
I mean halls of residence if we were to move there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, right. Well, enjoy the open day. The taster sessions are pretty good. The resuscitation one I went to turned into an x-ray interpretation session because everyone in the group already knew BLS.
Original post by mmm_66
Hi guys
I'm trying to get buy the appropriate books to revise for GAMSAT and I'm wondering if anyone could recommend any for someone who hasn't done chemistry or biology since GCSE.
I've heard 'organic chemistry for dummies' is a good one but when I've searched online there are 3 of them. Are all 3 relevant?
Also if anyone has any other recommendations that would be very welcome :smile:
Thanks

I like the organic chem for dummies - even for someone who did chem at a level it was so easy to read and would be great for you. Look on ebay for a cheap copy and see how u get on
Original post by tw781

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where is this advertised on the website if you don't mind me asking? I've been looking for Warwick open days and I can only find a general one in the summer, it mentioned visit days in March and April but they didn't sound like open days, have they taken it down because it is full perhaps?
Reply 294
Original post by MickyVee
Where is this advertised on the website if you don't mind me asking? I've been looking for Warwick open days and I can only find a general one in the summer, it mentioned visit days in March and April but they didn't sound like open days, have they taken it down because it is full perhaps?

I can't remember where it is, somewhere on the GEP page, but in the email it says all places have been taken for all 2015 open days :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 295
If they don't announce funding in the budget tomorrow I'm going to be so annoyed. I'm sick of waiting!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by liam__
It was on there, then was removed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, it's back on there again.
It still only says science, what was the point of taking it off?!
Original post by Absorbaloff
It still only says science, what was the point of taking it off?!

Yeh, it seems a bit odd that they had it on there, then took it off, then put it back on!
Reply 299
Has anyone had any more luck with finding out what KCL will regard as a science degree? Just sent my second email about it as I booked for open day...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending