The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine: 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by elizabethrbt
just by email ! said invitation to interview and i had to register for a slot on either 8th or 9th of december :smile: the email came at midnight on friday night and my track hasn't updated yet so maybe it will tomorrow. Thanks so much I hope you also get one and good luck for your application xx

I don't think anything changes on track until after interview and you get an offer or not.
Do we have to wait till December for Warwick? What about Newcastle?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fantastic_K
Any news? I am nervously waiting for an email from Cambridge...

Emails are going out on Thursday morning .(nature_elf was told this by Lucy Cav)..

www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3658938&page=3&highlight=cambridge%20entry%medicine&p=60455125#post60455125
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by LuceeeeeT

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think yes to December and Warwick although not sure about newcastle. I wish they would send it out sooner.
[QUOTE=Amywool;60482665]I can't believe King's are already sending out their decisions - its all becoming way too real now!! Good luck with your interview in Bristol @elizabethrbt!!!

I think I'm either going to have a really depressing Christmas or a really great one!!

Any idea when kings are sending out their decisions? Were did you find out they're already sending out emails
Original post by nickname_esco
Any idea when kings are sending out their decisions? Were did you find out they're already sending out emails

Someone maybe 2 people on this thread not so long ago said they had a rejection email. I haven't heard anything though.
Original post by LuceeeeeT

Posted from TSR Mobile

Newcastle started sending them on the 17th November last year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by elizabethrbt
got an interview at Bristol!

Congrats on your interview!! I'm still waiting for a reply from Bristol. Every email I get from them gives me a mini heart attack but it ends up just being about their societies and sports clubs
Original post by Amywool
I think yes to December and Warwick although not sure about newcastle. I wish they would send it out sooner.

I applied to Newcastle two years ago and heard nothing till rejection in February.

So may be a long wait yet :frown:
I just had a minor heart attack. King's just rejected me on the grounds I don't meet the minimum academic criteria. I went and looked- you need a 2:1 or higher in a Science degree or a Desmond with a Merit MSc/PhD. I had this awful sinking feeling that maybe I had missed it (first class BSc Hons) off my UCAS form somehow. Noooope. It's there. I'm not really sure what to do. I sent over my transcript but I think my UKCAT is too low anyway at 705. Doing a degree that no one has heard of is proving to be an epic pain in the bum. Time to swat up for the GAMSAT I guess. I'm holding a small nugget of hope for Warwick but I think Barts and Newcastle will want 720+

Going to bed with a hot choc. Boo. :ashamed::hmpf:
Original post by Quilverine
I just had a minor heart attack. King's just rejected me on the grounds I don't meet the minimum academic criteria. I went and looked- you need a 2:1 or higher in a Science degree or a Desmond with a Merit MSc/PhD. I had this awful sinking feeling that maybe I had missed it (first class BSc Hons) off my UCAS form somehow. Noooope. It's there. I'm not really sure what to do. I sent over my transcript but I think my UKCAT is too low anyway at 705. Doing a degree that no one has heard of is proving to be an epic pain in the bum. Time to swat up for the GAMSAT I guess. I'm holding a small nugget of hope for Warwick but I think Barts and Newcastle will want 720+

I would definitely contact them and ask about it as it sounds like a mistake on their part! What is youe BSc in? I hope you get it sorted!
I just got an email from King's saying that I need to submit an academic reference within the next two weeks or my application will be rejected.

I originally tried for an academic one but my tutor was reluctant to provide one since I graduated in 2013, and well, basically refused. I did call all the unis before submitting and all said that an employee reference would suffice. Oh well, lots of ringing round and begging tomorrow it would seem!

Sorry to all those who have received rejections, fingers crossed your other choices turn out more positive!

Posted from TSR Mobile

This does sound like an error on their part! Call them tomorrow, don't give up hope. Best of luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3273

Sorry to hear that. Was your BSc in either a 'hard core' science or a life science? I had to substitute King's at the last moment as I found my Engineering degree wasn't eligible. This is from an email from King's:

For the Graduate Entry Degree Programme, we are looking to see that applicants have studied either a “hard core science” degree subject such as Chemistry,Physics and Maths, a “life science” subject such as Biology, Biomedical Science; Pharmacology; Biochemistry; Anatomy, or any degrees that contain a significant proportion of hard/life sciences.

For other science degrees we ask for you to be able to demonstrate that 50% or more of your course was comprised of Chemistry content

Do they perhaps count your UKCAT score as part of their academic criteria?

I really hope that you get it sorted, hopefully it's just an administrative error on their part, although that would still be pretty rubbish of them.
Original post by GradMed1234
I just got an email from King's saying that I need to submit an academic reference within the next two weeks or my application will be rejected.

I originally tried for an academic one but my tutor was reluctant to provide one since I graduated in 2013, and well, basically refused. I did call all the unis before submitting and all said that an employee reference would suffice. Oh well, lots of ringing round and begging tomorrow it would seem!

Sorry to all those who have received rejections, fingers crossed your other choices turn out more positive!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fingers crossed it gets sorted! Can I please ask, you say you "just" got an email from them - do you mean it just came through, or you just read it? I thought at nearly 9pm I could stop checking my emails obsessively, but perhaps not...!
I got my email at 19:44 so not really inside typical office hours!

My degree was largely physics with human biology and a dose of general STEM. All the lab work was physics so I guess I don't meet the chemistry criteria but when I was looking at the entry criteria information it seemed that my degree was okay. I think the most comparable mainstream degree would be diagnostic radiography. If they reply I'll let you guys know what they say.
Original post by LilithSternin
Fingers crossed it gets sorted! Can I please ask, you say you "just" got an email from them - do you mean it just came through, or you just read it? I thought at nearly 9pm I could stop checking my emails obsessively, but perhaps not...!

Hi, I'd just seen it in my junk mail but the time on the email is 19.40, but within the portal the time was 16.10 on the message, so guessing there's a delay between the two...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got my email at 19:44 so not really inside typical office hours!

My degree was largely physics with human biology and a dose of general STEM. All the lab work was physics so I guess I don't meet the chemistry criteria but when I was looking at the entry criteria information it seemed that my degree was okay. I think the most comparable mainstream degree would be diagnostic radiography. If they reply I'll let you guys know what they say.

Hi, I'd just seen it in my junk mail but the time on the email is 19.40, but within the portal the time was 16.10 on the message, so guessing there's a delay between the two...

Posted from TSR Mobile

sorry for the disappointing news. Do you mind letting me know what your last names begin with, just so i have an idea of how they are going through applicants.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Based on that kings I reckon Kings wont make proper decisions for the majority of people before they get stuff like this to be sorted. So im expecting 3 weeks minimum to hear a decision.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending