The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine: 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Oh, I just got an invitation to interview by King's! :smile: 8th January.
Interview at Kings, 8th Jan

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3602
Well done!! What was your ukcat etc?
Thank you, yeah I'm surprised, it's a bit early? :smile:
I had 810 in the UKCAT!

Original post by Clunkles
Interview at Kings, 8th Jan

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats :smile: 9.15 a.m., too?
Interview at Kings!! 2:15pm on the 8th :-) UKCAT was 737.5 band 2
Kings interview! Woop. 2 down, 2 to go!
Original post by YeloSweetPotato
Thank you, yeah I'm surprised, it's a bit early? :smile:
I had 810 in the UKCAT!

Congrats :smile: 9.15 a.m., too?

11:15 I'm afraid!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Interview at King's, 8th at 1.15pm. UKCAT 737.5 Band 1.

Two interviews in one day for my top two choices, I am a lucky lucky girl :biggrin:.
Kings interview too! 755, band 1.

Good luck to all those still waiting to hear!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got a rejection from King's, I feel as if my own family have turned their back on me :'(. This was for the 5 year course aswell so probably have no hope with my graduate course applications
Original post by Charlottemc1234
I spoke to an applicant for 2015 who got in (so a first year now) who got 604 on their UKCAT at Newcastle, so you never know! They obviously look at everything else too

A graduate applicant on the 4 year course got in with 604?! That's almost too good to be true haha.
Its really good to hear people getting interviews - now it's like the uni's are fighting for you instead of you fighting for them! Go nail it peoples.
Original post by Charlottemc1234
I spoke to an applicant for 2015 who got in (so a first year now) who got 604 on their UKCAT at Newcastle, so you never know! They obviously look at everything else too

Was this the grad 4 year? They said on open day that they don't even look at the personal statement etc?
Those who just got King's interviews, if you scroll right to the bottom on the "Interview invitation" page on the portal do you have an attached form regarding Criminal Convictions Declaration, or is that just me? Panicking in case I accidentally said I had a conviction on my UCAS form in error.
Interview at Kings!! In the morning on the 8th!! UKCAT 807.5 Band 1.
Interview at King's on the 8th!!! So happyyyy :biggrin: UKCAT 757 band 2
Interview at Kings! 2 in one day wowowow
Original post by OneDayDoctor
Hey :smile:, where are you studying at the moment?

I was also going to apply for 2015 entry, but when I looked realistically at my uni timetable and the funding I decided to wait. I did the UKCAT as a practice and wrote notes for my ps so I'm a little prepared! I'm going to be doing both the UKCAT and GAMSAT. I plan to apply to Warwick, Newcastle, Soton and Swansea (providing none of them change their entry requirements!)

I have 6 months of volunteering in a hospital, about 4 weeks of GP, I volunteer for AsthmaUk, teach first aid, work with children with learning disabilities and volunteer with STEM. I'm also VP of a society that we've kind of had to resurrect after last year!

Not sure if I should be giving tips or not, but it's worthwile going and getting some healthcare ethics books out of your uni library. It'll be worth it for interview, or so I've been told.

I'm on the placement year but will be going into my final year of biomed next year!
Any advice you could give me on achieving a first, assuming that is the grade you are aspiring for?
Original post by Amywool
A graduate applicant on the 4 year course got in with 604?! That's almost too good to be true haha.
Its really good to hear people getting interviews - now it's like the uni's are fighting for you instead of you fighting for them! Go nail it peoples.

The cutoff for the A100 course last year was 575. They must be talking about that.
Just got a message from Kings asking for an academic reference from an academic email address, only problem is I graduated almost three years ago and my tutor has moved to Switzerland so not sure if I can get in touch with her. Oh and they've only given me seven days to get the refrence, how nice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LilithSternin
Those who just got King's interviews, if you scroll right to the bottom on the "Interview invitation" page on the portal do you have an attached form regarding Criminal Convictions Declaration, or is that just me? Panicking in case I accidentally said I had a conviction on my UCAS form in error.

I got it aswell, I wouldn't worry, I think King's would tell you specifically if they needed you to fill it out. I don't have any criminal convictions either :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending