The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine: 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HanaGEM
Quite a few of us got interviews last week for newcastle

Ohhhh, I'll be awaiting my rejection soon then haha!
Original post by ali.s1002
Just for reference, how many slips are you going to get? I've got three so far but they're my long term voluntary positions. Are you planning on getting references for your shadowing placements?

I have my main employment which is largely clinical in MDTs and then then I have my placement reviews going back over the three previous years at the big teaching hospitals I rotated through. But I also wanted to get brief letters from the docs I have been shadowing outside of my day job too. I have the wound care team, ophthalmology, orthopaedic surgery & ENT surgery done but I also have Derm, pathology and cardiology yet to do. I don't have any solid time in GP but I have done GP recruitment and support work for junior doctors so maybe that's enough, it's definitely an unusual take on getting insight.
Original post by Richardjamesford
not yet. does anyone know when they heard last year?

They came out on the 17th last year but some went out last week for this year. There is an A101 thread here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3636293 :smile:
Reply 3743
Interview at Kings with my 720 ukcat. Was convinced it was too low!!!
Reply 3744
Interview at kings with 720 :smile:
has anyone else applied to Birmingham?

I have, haven't heard anything yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry if this is a stupid question but does selection centre mean the same thing as an interview?
Original post by DazzleLight
Sorry if this is a stupid question but does selection centre mean the same thing as an interview?

Effectively yes, they invite to selection centre for MMI, providibg you are talking about Warwick
has anyone else applied to Birmingham?

I have, they outright rejected me about 3 weeks ago. So not hearing anything is a good sign! I'm not too bothered though as my GAMSAT is decent and I'm most keen on Notts anyway :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ohhhh, I'll be awaiting my rejection soon then haha!

Not necessarily, i think they send thrm out in batches, stay positive!
I'm so confused because a girl I know said she applied to Leicester graduate entry medicine- I thought they closed down their graduate medicine programme as of 2016??
Interview at Kings! 717.5 Band 2. In shock still. Someone hold me.
Long time lurker on this thread. This might sound like a stupid question and I imagine there is only going to be one answer: what is the dress code for medical school interviews? Got an interview for Southampton and would probably expect a few more so I guess I'm going to have to invest in a suit, despite them looking terrible on me (too broad shouldered and thick in the arms).
Does anyone know if graduates stand a better chance of getting an interview/offer at undergrad rather than grad entry?
Original post by CharlieGEM
Long time lurker on this thread. This might sound like a stupid question and I imagine there is only going to be one answer: what is the dress code for medical school interviews? Got an interview for Southampton and would probably expect a few more so I guess I'm going to have to invest in a suit, despite them looking terrible on me (too broad shouldered and thick in the arms).

I'm going to wear a suit and tie (including to Southampton interview in a few weeks!) I wear one most days for work at the moment so it's not a huge deal. I thought about something less formal but think for guys it really should be a suit (if not necessarily tie). For anyone who interviewed last year or just knows - any thoughts?
Original post by kantayya
I'm going to wear a suit and tie (including to Southampton interview in a few weeks!) I wear one most days for work at the moment so it's not a huge deal. I thought about something less formal but think for guys it really should be a suit (if not necessarily tie). For anyone who interviewed last year or just knows - any thoughts?

I agree - it said on one of the Kings info sheets they sent us that it's a smart dress code. They copied a bit from the dress code for Guys hospital, and said as you're hoping to be a doctor you're expect to dress as a doctor*. Ie, wear a suit.

*I don't think they're expecting you to tuck your tie in and be bare below the elbow, though!
Scrubs are probably a no go too. 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lisagee10
Scrubs are probably a no go too. 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile

And maybe leave the stethoscope-necklace look for another day, haha!
Darn it, I'll have to rethink my outfit now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks for the replies. As I feared then.

To the other poster, as far as I'm aware it is easier to get an interview for a five year course especially in terms of UKCAT scores. Although I'm not sure the probability of turning an interview into an offer is significantly higher for the five year course in a lot of cases.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending