The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine: 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lxh524
if you have a 2:2 and a masters, Swansea will also take you.

Unsure if a PGCE counts that way mind you. Worth giving them a call though.

http://www.swansea.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/medicine/mbbchgraduateentrymedicine/#how-to-apply=is-expanded&entry-requirements=is-expanded

Yeah I had seen that. I know my PGCE contains master's components, but I don't think it constitutes an actual masters course. I will get in touch with them to double check though, so thanks for the reminder!
Is anyone on here applying from/with a genetics degree? :smile:
Original post by ruth_glasgow
Is anyone on here applying from/with a genetics degree? :smile:

I have a MSc in Medical and Molecular Mıcrobiology :smile:
Original post by Gazoula
I have a MSc in Medical and Molecular Mıcrobiology :smile:

Oh sweet, what was your undergrad degree in? I was just asking because I don't think I have come across any genetics students/grads on this thread but I'm sure there must be some considering GEM!
Biological Sciences :smile: have you graduated some time ago or just about to? Goodluck with the whole process
Original post by Gazoula
Biological Sciences :smile: have you graduated some time ago or just about to? Goodluck with the whole process

I'm going to be applying in my third year to hopefully go straight in after graduation! Thanks, you too!
Reply 606
How long do people think is needed for GAMSAT revision?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 607
I've registered with UCAS, feels more real now.
Original post by Ebuwa
I've registered with UCAS, feels more real now.

I've just done the same. Starting to hit home! Personal statement time now :confused:
Reply 609
Had a dream last night that Osborne was announcing another budget today which included GEM funding! (can you tell I'm getting impatient?!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
approximately how many hours should I spend on my UKCAT revision in order to get a high score?
Reply 611
Original post by d.holmes1
I've just done the same. Starting to hit home! Personal statement time now :confused:

I know right. Plus I now I have to locate all my certificates.
Original post by tw781
Had a dream last night that Osborne was announcing another budget today which included GEM funding! (can you tell I'm getting impatient?!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's literally killing me to wait for them to announce, I just hope they will keep the funding the same or give us more help!! I'll be happy either way!!
Original post by renren95
It's literally killing me to wait for them to announce, I just hope they will keep the funding the same or give us more help!! I'll be happy either way!!

IS there a chance that funding will be cut for 2016 entry? or is this planned way in advance?
Original post by Ebuwa
I know right. Plus I now I have to locate all my certificates.

Do we need our A Level certificates for UCAS??
Do we need our A Level certificates for UCAS??

Do you remember all your exam boards and exact grades?

If you do, you won't need it for UCAS but you will need them as proof should you get an interview.
Original post by ForestCat
Do you remember all your exam boards and exact grades?

If you do, you won't need it for UCAS but you will need them as proof should you get an interview.

Exact grades as in every module? I lost my certificates the day they got handed out... A bit screwed haha!
Exact grades as in every module? I lost my certificates the day they got handed out... A bit screwed haha!

Sorry I was being a bit misleading, but you have to declare all grades and exam boards (for example I had forgotten about my lovely D in general studies until I found the certificate).

You will need copies for any offers/interviews you get, so it may be worth looking into getting new copies!
Sorry I was being a bit misleading, but you have to declare all grades and exam boards (for example I had forgotten about my lovely D in general studies until I found the certificate).

You will need copies for any offers/interviews you get, so it may be worth looking into getting new copies!

Ah ok phew! I can remember the over all grades just about haha, but will have to contact the exam boards for replacements just in case I do get some interviews! Thanks for the advice! :smile:
Reply 619

I don't think you have to declare all your module marks( referring to GCSE). Have you included all your modules in your university degree and grade you were awarded?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending