Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, after high school i did AS but unfortunately it was really hard for me and i got all U's apart from one subject which is "Arabic" i got a B on that, so the following year i started BTEC in another college, i am wondering will the UCAS points for the B i got in Arabic stay with me or do i need to do the exams again, i did AS and A2 for Arabic. Thanks guys im really lost

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CSECS)
    Hi guys, after high school i did AS but unfortunately it was really hard for me and i got all U's apart from one subject which is "Arabic" i got a B on that, so the following year i started BTEC in another college, i am wondering will the UCAS points for the B i got in Arabic stay with me or do i need to do the exams again, i did AS and A2 for Arabic. Thanks guys im really lost
    Most universities wouldn't count the tariff points you get from AS/A2 unless they're taken alongside the BTEC.

In this case your offer will probably be based around your current course, in this case the BTEC.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Binary Freak)
    Most universities wouldn't count the tariff points you get from AS/A2 unless they're taken alongside the BTEC.

In this case your offer will probably be based around your current course, in this case the BTEC.
    So if i take Arabic again alongside my Btec course this year would it be counted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CSECS)
    So if i take Arabic again alongside my Btec course this year would it be counted
    If you already have it at A2 then there's probably not much point.

Which universities do you intend on applying to? Perhaps it'd be useful to contact the admissions.

I had a friend on my BTEC course, he changed from A-Level to BTEC, and applied for some low ranked universities and they didn't bother counting his AS for an offer.

ReputationRep:
    If you already have it at A2 then there's probably not much point.

Which universities do you intend on applying to? Perhaps it'd be useful to contact the admissions.

I had a friend on my BTEC course, he changed from A-Level to BTEC, and applied for some low ranked universities and they didn't bother counting his AS for an offer.
    i have done AS and A2 arabic so i dont know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CSECS)
    i have done AS and A2 arabic so i dont know
    If you're doing both the BTEC and Arabic at the same institution then you should probably contact them asking whether they'll allow you to resit. At this point it is their decision to put you in for the examinations

Just out of curiosity, why are you so adamant on redoing Arabic? If you don't mind me asking.

ReputationRep:
    If you're doing both the BTEC and Arabic at the same institution then you should probably contact them asking whether they'll allow you to resit. At this point it is their decision to put you in for the examinations

Just out of curiosity, why are you so adamant on redoing Arabic? If you don't mind me asking.
    xD i just want more tarrif points thats all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CSECS)
    xD i just want more tarrif points thats all
    If you're seeking tariff points then make sure you do Extended Diploma and get D*D*D*, that's about 400+ UCAS

ReputationRep:
    If you're seeking tariff points then make sure you do Extended Diploma and get D*D*D*, that's about 400+ UCAS
    yeah thanks for the help

ReputationRep:
    wtf there's an A-Level in Arabic? in the UK?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Features

Blinkered horse

Take off your BTEC blinkers

Find out the truth behind the BTEC myths.

Polling station sign

BTEC essentials

What you really need to know about studying BTEC.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.