Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Clearing and Student Finance watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, unfortunately i missed out on my required grades but have been offered a place through clearing which i accepted. As i have changed my course/University i will also have to change my information on my student finance application, which has already been accepted. But the only way it seems i can do this is by filling in and sending of a change of circumstances form which takes at least 6 weeks to process. is there any other way or is this the only way. And will sfe let my university know and how will i get my funding required to travel to and from university in time. Any help will be really appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    please help i really am unsure of what to do

ReputationRep:
    ????????????????????

ReputationRep:
    I got in through clearing too and edited my student finance form online? All I had to do was log on, click 'change your application' and then edit the university name. I'm not sure whether it'll still take 6 weeks to update though, good luck

ReputationRep:
    I just rang them up and did it over the phone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelAnne96)
    I got in through clearing too and edited my student finance form online? All I had to do was log on, click 'change your application' and then edit the university name. I'm not sure whether it'll still take 6 weeks to update though, good luck
    I logged into my sfe account and it doesn't give me the option to do this, when i go onto change my application, then change my University/course it just takes me to a page that says i need to fill out a change of circumstances form

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KarlSerjeant95)
    I logged into my sfe account and it doesn't give me the option to do this, when i go onto change my application, then change my University/course it just takes me to a page that says i need to fill out a change of circumstances form
    You'll probably have to ring them and explain the situation. SFE aren't known for being super efficient or super helpful though, so you'll want to do this ASAP. If you get a very awkward adviser, hang up and try again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SlowlorisIncognito)
    You'll probably have to ring them and explain the situation. SFE aren't known for being super efficient or super helpful though, so you'll want to do this ASAP. If you get a very awkward adviser, hang up and try again.
    ill try that now, thanks for the help

ReputationRep:
    i've replied and basically all they said was it was impossible to change my details any other way, and that if it still hadn't processed by the time i start University then i will have to explain the circumstances to them and get them to hand in a form to confirm my changes :mad: they really aren't helpful in the slightest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KarlSerjeant95)
    i've replied and basically all they said was it was impossible to change my details any other way, and that if it still hadn't processed by the time i start University then i will have to explain the circumstances to them and get them to hand in a form to confirm my changes :mad: they really aren't helpful in the slightest.
    Yeah, unfortunately SFE is like that. If that's what they are insisting you have to do (and it might be worth ringing back to speak to another adviser), then that's what you have to do.

Are you changing something that will change the amount of loan you will get (e.g. going to a London university instead of a non-London one)?

ReputationRep:
    I changed from a London university to a non-London one, but I'm still traveling from home to get to that uni and it'll take longer and be more expensive, would I receive roughly the same amount?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.