Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I think i need to lose some weight especially cuz i have nothing much to do and i have tried like water diet and stuff but somehow i just cant do it for too long !! Anyone who knows good ways to lose weight quick that maybe is fun and easy?

Also if you are planning on leaving some rude messages then leave now !! Only people who cares, understand and respects others suggestions are welcome to comment !!

ReputationRep:
    I intend on starting this diet by a KPOP group called the Secret diet a friend of mine is on it and she's lost quite a lot like 7kg a month.
    Monday
    Morning: 1 slice of toast, 1 apple, 1 sweet potato
    Lunch: chicken breast salad
    Dinner: 8 cherry tomatoes, 1 cucumber

Tuesday
    Morning: 1 slice of toast, low-fat milk
    Lunch: 1 sweet potato
    Dinner: 8 strawberries, 5 cherry tomatoes

Wednesday
    Lunch: 1 sweet potato, 5 cherry tomatoes
    Dinner: 5 strawberries, 1 cucumber

Thursday
    Lunch: chicken breast, 8 strawberries
    Dinner: 5 cherry tomatoes, 1 cucumber

Friday
    Morning: 1 slice of toast, 1 apple
    Lunch: 3 eggs, 1 cucumber, 5 cherry tomatoes
    Dinner: 10 strawberries, 1 cucumber

Saturday
    Dinner: 1 tofu, 3 cherry tomatoes

Sunday
    Morning: 1 slice of toast, 1 apple, low-fat milk
    Dinner: 1 cucumber

I intend on starting this when I go to uni as my mum will not allow me to diet. Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    I've tried water fasting too but it's wayyyy too hard!! Instead I try to do smoothie fasting. Basically blend a whole load of yummy fruits with a few leafy green veggies like spinach and just drink that for a day or two. After that you can gradually start increasing the length of the fast, maybe even to five days. What you are doing is not starving yourself, rather providing your body with the right nutrition and minerals to be able to cleanse your body and detox thoroughly. You're also giving your digestive system a break as all the foods will be pre-digested by the blender, so your stomach just needs to absorb the nutrients and energy. Trust me, this worked for me. Now that I'm on holiday I've put on weight and am hoping to do a five day smoothie fast soon again! It's also much cheaper, quicker and easier than regular restricted diets. Also, when you're not doing the fast, try to incorporate more fresh fruits and veggies in your diet, and cut out processed meat and foods.

ReputationRep:
    Exersise! go for a run each morning and try to eat a bit less

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barbara95)
    I intend on starting this diet by a KPOP group called the Secret diet a friend of mine is on it and she's lost quite a lot like 7kg a month.
    Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

I intend on starting this when I go to uni as my mum will not allow me to diet. Good Luck
    That diet plan actually sounds fair and i might give it a go starting the week after !! Thank you and good luck to you too !! Your mum doesn't let you diet ? My mum is forcing me to go to diet when i am not even that fat !! urgh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chickandtweety)
    I've tried water fasting too but it's wayyyy too hard!! Instead I try to do smoothie fasting. Basically blend a whole load of yummy fruits with a few leafy green veggies like spinach and just drink that for a day or two. After that you can gradually start increasing the length of the fast, maybe even to five days. What you are doing is not starving yourself, rather providing your body with the right nutrition and minerals to be able to cleanse your body and detox thoroughly. You're also giving your digestive system a break as all the foods will be pre-digested by the blender, so your stomach just needs to absorb the nutrients and energy. Trust me, this worked for me. Now that I'm on holiday I've put on weight and am hoping to do a five day smoothie fast soon again! It's also much cheaper, quicker and easier than regular restricted diets. Also, when you're not doing the fast, try to incorporate more fresh fruits and veggies in your diet, and cut out processed meat and foods.
    That sounds yummy !! I will give it a go but when you tried it did you just drink the smoothie for the whole day or did you eat other foods aswell ?

ReputationRep:
    Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

That doesn't sound healthy, that sounds DANGEROUS!
    That's no more than 1,000 calories a day (probably closer to 800)!

EDIT:
    Link to something I like to eat on a regular basis posted further on in this thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...3#post49516883

ReputationRep:
    Work out low intensity early in the morning on little or preferably no food if. you can manage it.

Perhaps if you live close to a local gym you could walk or lightly jog there and then do a low intensity weight training or do some further cardio?

Working out early in the morning helps the body to burn calories in larger amounts and more efficiently throughout the day and also helps you to stop craving as much later in the day. So killing two birds with one stone effectively.

Hope this helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RRHHTd)
    Exersise! go for a run each morning and try to eat a bit less
    Hey, thank you for the suggestion but where i live is surrounded by people i know and I would love to go for a run every morning but i find it embarrassing if my friends or other poeple see me !! I just wish i had a bigger house with bigger garden like Kourtney Kardashian's house !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanC611)
    Work out low intensity early in the morning on little or preferably no food if. you can manage it.

Perhaps if you live close to a local gym you could walk or lightly jog there and then do a low intensity weight training or do some further cardio?

Working out early in the morning helps the body to burn calories in larger amounts and more efficiently throughout the day and also helps you to stop craving as much later in the day. So killing two birds with one stone effectively.

Hope this helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey thank you, but the closet gym form my house is like 2 hours away if i walk to there !! and i have like tried not eating foods for like a whole day or try eating less fatty foods but as usual i always fail when i see them good foods !!

ReputationRep:
    If you really want to lose weight then buy multivitamins and eats lots of protein (around 3 eggs a day and chicken or fish).
    Do not have any drinks other than water and LIMIT SUGAR as much as possible.
    Sugar makes you fat, not "fat" in foods.
    And have whole or semi skimmed milk PLEASE. Fats are good for you and do not store as fat.
    This works because I did it for a month and lost about 10kg with exercise too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ETRC)
    If you really want to lose weight then buy multivitamins and eats lots of protein (around 3 eggs a day and chicken or fish).
    Do not have any drinks other than water and LIMIT SUGAR as much as possible.
    Sugar makes you fat, not "fat" in foods.
    And have whole or semi skimmed milk PLEASE. Fats are good for you and do not store as fat.
    This works because I did it for a month and lost about 10kg with exercise too.
    Thank you for the suggestion !! I will try it next week !!

ReputationRep:
    calorie deficit

/thread

ReputationRep:
    Something I have found recently:

Make 2 tortilla wraps (takes around 20 minutes to prepare), they contain the following;

2 Tortilla wrap bread (180 calories each)
    1 whole salad tomato - 18 calories
    Lettuce - negligable
    1/6th Cucumber - 10 calories
    Sweetcorn - 20 calories

1 Quorn chicken style fillet - 75 calories

Total comes to just under 500 calories and they fill you up for around 6-7 hours (last time I ate was around 11am this morning and am just getting hungry, so, will make some more in about half hour).

Add mayo or BBQ sauce until you are happy. =)
    TRY AND AIM FOR A MINIMUM OF 1400 CALORIES A DAY (1750 if male!) and do NOT limit yourself to 4 of these throughout the day, they are just a healthy(ish) alternative, eat a salad and take an apple and banana with you for a snack!
    Do not skip lunch!

ReputationRep:
    Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

stupid, would neg if I could

ReputationRep:
    Reason why I say minimum (literally bare minimum) of 1400 calories for a female and 1700 for male is the following;

In a pound of fat, there is 2550 calories.
    So, if female and you stick to the 1400 calories a day minimum (600 calorie deficit a day which = 4200 a week), you will lose 1.6lbs of fat a week, this is 7.5lbs a month!
    Guy - 750 calorie deficit a day = 3,750 calorie deficit a week = 1.5lb a week loss = 6.6lb a month!

It all adds up the little bits, do not go to unnecessary risks of some 500 calorie a day diet, you will literally pass out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    Something I have found recently:

Make 2 tortilla wraps (takes around 20 minutes to prepare), they contain the following;

2 Tortilla wrap bread (180 calories each)
    1 whole salad tomato - 18 calories
    Lettuce - negligable
    1/6th Cucumber - 10 calories
    Sweetcorn - 20 calories

1 Quorn chicken style fillet - 75 calories

Total comes to just under 500 calories and they fill you up for around 6-7 hours (last time I ate was around 11am this morning and am just getting hungry, so, will make some more in about half hour).

Add mayo or BBQ sauce until you are happy. =)
    TRY AND AIM FOR A MINIMUM OF 1400 CALORIES A DAY (1750 if male!) and do NOT limit yourself to 4 of these throughout the day, they are just a healthy(ish) alternative, eat a salad and take an apple and banana with you for a snack!
    Do not skip lunch!
    Omg i am gunna sound like a proper freak but i literally cannot eat any wrap that has vegetables in it (except cooked potatoes, mushrooms) !! I love fruits but i dont know why i hate vegetables I see people eating like raw vegetables and it makes me feel sick !!! Thank you for suggesting it though !!

ReputationRep:
    op the only way to lose weight is throught a caloric deficit, i.e. burn more calories than you consume, use this to find out your caloric maintenance then eat 500 less to lose 1lb a week, 1000 to lose 2 lb etc, don't do any stupid "detox" fad diet bullcrap, eat proper food but be at a deficit

http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    Reason why I say minimum (literally bare minimum) of 1400 calories for a female and 1700 for male is the following;

In a pound of fat, there is 2550 calories.
    So, if female and you stick to the 1400 calories a day minimum (600 calorie deficit a day which = 4200 a week), you will lose 1.6lbs of fat a week, this is 7.5lbs a month!
    Guy - 750 calorie deficit a day = 3,750 calorie deficit a week = 1.5lb a week loss = 6.6lb a month!

It all adds up the little bits, do not go to unnecessary risks of some 500 calorie a day diet, you will literally pass out!
    Ah i get you but still i am gunna give it a go for a week and see how i get one but hey thanks for the info .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mobinalimbu)
    Hey thank you, but the closet gym form my house is like 2 hours away if i walk to there !! and i have like tried not eating foods for like a whole day or try eating less fatty foods but as usual i always fail when i see them good foods !!
    You should never just go without food, very unhealthy! Why not invest in some weights or a running/bike machine? Eating right is half the battle but you'll see vast improvements if you mix it in with exercise! You don't even need to buy a running machine really, just go for an early morning light jog for about 20 minutes every other day and you'll not only start to lose weight but feel great for doing it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.