Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    So I've just completed my AS levels amd got my results
    Health and Social Care - AA
    Psychology - D
    Sociology - B
    I plan on studying nursing at University, and am not certain on which subject I should drop out of psychology and sociology. Obviously sociology is my stronger subject, however I enjoy psychology more. In addition, I'm not sure which subject would be best to continue with for getting onto a nursing degree. Any advice anyone could offer would be much appreciated
    Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by despicablerach)
    Hey,
    Psychology - D
    Sociology - B
    I plan on studying nursing at University, and am not certain on which subject I should drop out of psychology and sociology. Obviously sociology is my stronger subject, however I enjoy psychology more. In addition, I'm not sure which subject would be best to continue with for getting onto a nursing degree. Any advice anyone could offer would be much appreciated
    Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I would do something you are enjoying more, I checked and both subjects are important in nursing so it is pretty much up to you. But in the end universities want good grades and since both subjects are relative it won't matter much which you drop. However I think two A levels are really not enough since majority of Universities ask for three A levels. In my opinion I would stick to psychology but it matters what you want to do

Heres the subjects most unis require:
    http://university.which.co.uk/advice...become-a-nurse

ReputationRep:
    Thank you and my health and social care counts as two Alevels, I'll have to have a proper think about whether to go with my strength or my most enjoyed xxx

ReputationRep:
    Thank you and my health and social care counts as two Alevels, I'll have to have a proper think about whether to go with my strength or my most enjoyed xxx
    No Problem

Well then that's fine if they count as two A levels, then theirs pretty much nothing to worry about. If you enjoy something then chances are you will end up being good at it. However either way if you drop sociology or psychology you will be fine

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I agree with the poster above, as the AS to a2 jump is quite significant, both psych and socio will get harder so your enjoyment in the subjects would definitely depend on your grade outcome because I'm sure you will put more effort into what you enjoy. Have you thought about retaking your worst psych unit in order to boost that D up to a C/B alongside your a2? Also, look at the syllabus of both subjects to see what you'll prefer

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    Psychology - D
    Sociology - B
    Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is health and social a btec?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.