Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know the best option for me to get to my accommodation at Josephine Butler College when I arrived in Newcastle Airport ? In convenience wise is it best to just get a cab and what will be the approximate price and duration ?

ReputationRep:
    I occasionally take the taxi from Newcastle Airport to Durham, if I'm the only one to use the taxi it would usually cost me around £45.

If you still want to take the taxi to Jo Butler, then I suggest that you try and find some people who are going to Durham and convince them to take the taxi with you (thus splitting up the bill).

Otherwise, you can take the Metro (£4?) from the airport to Newcastle Central Station and then take the train to Durham (around £6) and then the taxi to Jo Butler (another £6 maybe/no one wants to walk all the way from the train station to Jo Butler).

Hope this helps

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.