Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of applying to Pembroke college for economics. They mention on their website that there is a written test before interview, including maths and a short essay. What does this involve, and how heavily is it likely to be weighted in the admissions decision?

ReputationRep:
    Bump

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for economics at Cambridge also and have been considering Pembroke college. Does anybody know if I should say in my personal statement that my school doesn't offer further maths?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mmccann)
    I'm applying for economics at Cambridge also and have been considering Pembroke college. Does anybody know if I should say in my personal statement that my school doesn't offer further maths?
    It depends on where else you are applying. For Cambridge the SAQ is the best place. In the PS it may be better to say something if other places you apply to also value FM, but some don't place nearly as much emphasis (eg Bristol). Alternatively get your school to put it in the reference.
    Can you self study some stats modules? It will help with the interview & you could mention you were doing so in the SAQ. (But DON'T do so unless you are!)

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.