Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I've noticed some people are still debating their college/sixth form and even courses. I am one of them. I know I know, I've had all Summer so there really is no excuse at all. But I'm like 57% on my current choice.

ReputationRep:
    If you haven't decided yet I'd be seriously worried. School is in like two weeks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by кяя)
    If you haven't decided yet I'd be seriously worried. School is in like two weeks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You have till results day to decide tbh.. because you haven't exactly enrolled anywhere yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DebkoX)
    So I've noticed some people are still debating their college/sixth form and even courses. I am one of them. I know I know, I've had all Summer so there really is no excuse at all. But I'm like 57% on my current choice.
    I applied to over 10 sixth forms and as soon as I gained my offer, withdrew from everywhere else!

Have you made solid decisions on your courses?

Why can't you decide?

ReputationRep:
    Just unsure whether staying at my school is for me. Or if I should expand myself. I love my school and the area but I feel like I may be limiting myself. There's a local college which has superb courses however the area is kinda controversial. Another is city and islington. I'm still unsure....

ReputationRep:
    I'd recommend the Uniformed Public Services course. A lot of colleges offer it and at different levels too - GCSE and A-level equivalent. Its fully coursework based, so no exams.

I'm on the course atm, going into my second year. You learn about all of the emergency services - police, ambulance and fire to name a few, but also all of the armed forces.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayJay-C19)
    I applied to over 10 sixth forms and as soon as I gained my offer, withdrew from everywhere else!

Have you made solid decisions on your courses?

Why can't you decide?
    Same, I applied to 5 and as soon as I got into the one I want to go to I rejected everywhere else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yellowcopter)
    Same, I applied to 5 and as soon as I got into the one I want to go to I rejected everywhere else.
    My offer was essentially unconditional so I didn't see the point of getting safety offers!

ReputationRep:
    My offer was essentially unconditional so I didn't see the point of getting safety offers!
    My offer was also unconditional. I didn't even go to the interview for some of the sixth forms I applied to, and they still sent me letters inviting me to enrolment. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    My offer was also unconditional. I didn't even go to the interview for some of the sixth forms I applied to, and they still sent me letters inviting me to enrolment. :lol:
    Yeah.

ReputationRep:
    That is so unfair getting unconditional offers.

I have to get 5 As to get in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Decerto)

My admission is unconditional not my subjects so if I don't get A's in my courses, I wont be able to do them.

ReputationRep:
    My admission is unconditional not my subjects so if I don't get A's in my courses, I wont be able to do them.
    Oh. For admission, I need 5 As and 4 of those must be in the subjects I want to take.

ReputationRep:
    Oh. For admission, I need 5 As and 4 of those must be in the subjects I want to take.
    Cool.

ReputationRep:

My sixth form is a normal/average one that's why.

ReputationRep:
    My sixth form is a normal/average one that's why.
    My sixth form is normal too.

ReputationRep:
    My sixth form is normal too.
    I just realised I said 'normal' that doesn't make sense all sixth forms are 'normal'. :lol:

What I meant was most people who go to the sixth form I'm going to get C grades, so since I had quite a few A's predicted they gave me an unconditional offer. Even though I probably won't get as many A's as I'm predicted.

I literally only chose the sixth form I'm going to because it's close. :ahee: That, and I don't want to go to any fancy places.

ReputationRep:
    I just realised I said 'normal' that doesn't make sense all sixth forms are 'normal'. :lol:

What I meant was most people who go to the sixth form I'm going to get C grades, so since I had quite a few A's predicted they gave me an unconditional offer. Even though I probably won't get as many A's as I'm predicted.

I literally only chose the sixth form I'm going to because it's close. :ahee: That, and I don't want to go to any fancy places.
    Like where?

ReputationRep:
    Like where?
    Places like LAE. I applied and got in but I don't want to go there since they're strict, like a school rather than a sixth form and only care about making sure everyone gets A*/A grades.

I'd rather go somewhere that's casual and isn't like a school but more like a college. I work better in that type of atmosphere.

ReputationRep:
    The grades required for sixth form in one I applied to kinda shocked me. It's one of, if not, the best school in my city, but I only need 5 A*s-B's including Maths and English lit/lang. For my options I need Bs in Biology and chemistry and an A in maths. I feel the hard part about getting in is the application process, you need to fill in a Personal Statement thing as well as go to an interview which was fine for me. I was pretty confident in getting in because the man who interviewed me said he would highly recommend me. I am going to this school (assuming I get the grades) because it is far better in helping people achieve As and A*s at A levels, also it provides a lot of support for getting into university which will help me greatly. The only downside is leaving my friends behind but I could always talk to them outside of school

My current school's sixth form has a point based system which I think is surprisingly harder to get in because it's based on your top 8 GCSEs so you have to do well on more subjects. Also the grades required for my options are the same in both schools, but I am doing history in my current one.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.