Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Saw this thread from other universities. So I'm wondering, is there anyone who doesn't/doesn't like to drink going into first year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airess3)
    Saw this thread from other universities. So I'm wondering, is there anyone who doesn't/doesn't like to drink going into first year?
    I'm not a big drinker. Although, I am going into first year I'm 23 and have past the 'partying phase'. I hope that there will be a few people that aren't drinkers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airess3)
    Yeah, I've never really liked alcoholic drinks at all or going out and drinking. I'm not a fan of drinking culture and what it brings with it. (I'm going into first year by the way (at Aberdeen)).
    Personally, I'd rather go out for a meal with a bunch of friends than go to the pub or clubbing in town. You can have a good time doing other things. If you can't have fun without alcohol then I think that's quite sad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AidanKeay)
    Yeah, I've never really liked alcoholic drinks at all or going out and drinking. I'm not a fan of drinking culture and what it brings with it. (I'm going into first year by the way (at Aberdeen)).
    Personally, I'd rather go out for a meal with a bunch of friends than go to the pub or clubbing in town. You can have a good time doing other things. If you can't have fun without alcohol then I think that's quite sad.
    I completely agree with you, i much prefer just going for a coffee or something. there's nothing wrong with drinking but if thats all you do then its a bit sad.

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting 1st year Aberdeen and I'm 24. I rarely drink now, I did all the partying and binge drinking when I was 18-21 ish. I'd rather go with friends for coffee or a meal or even 1 or 2 drinks in the pub - even non alcoholic ones. I often just have an orange juice. Are any of you guys going to be staying in Hillhead? I'm in Wavell House.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thesunking)
    I'm starting 1st year Aberdeen and I'm 24. I rarely drink now, I did all the partying and binge drinking when I was 18-21 ish. I'd rather go with friends for coffee or a meal or even 1 or 2 drinks in the pub - even non alcoholic ones. I often just have an orange juice. Are any of you guys going to be staying in Hillhead? I'm in Wavell House.
    I've booked into Hillhead (North Court/South House) although I don't know if I have an accommodation place yet.

ReputationRep:
    Im staying in the old fire station,I hope at least one of my flat mates isn't a big drinker. What will you guys be studying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Za.Ke)
    Im staying in the old fire station,I hope at least one of my flat mates isn't a big drinker. What will you guys be studying?
    Engineering (General)

ReputationRep:
    History & politics, I'm from Inverness. Where are you guys coming from?

ReputationRep:
    I'm from Helmsdale just north of Inverness!

ReputationRep:
    I'm from Wales (previously lived in America and Scotland)

ReputationRep:
    Glad to know I'm not the only one :yes:. I'm studying Geology & Physics and have a flat at New Carnegie Court. I'm from Scotland.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Za.Ke)
    I'm from Helmsdale just north of Inverness!
    Great, we can be "Highlands" friends.

ReputationRep:
    When are you guys moving in? I think I'm going down on Saturday 6th.

ReputationRep:
    Great, we can be "Highlands" friends.
    haha yeah, I wonder how many highland folks will be going. I'm moving down on the 6th as well, I am assuming most people are moving then to and its going to be mayhem.

ReputationRep:
    A less drinky freshers sounds pretty good to me- I live in Aberdeen so sort of know my way around food places if anyone wants to get a group together

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iharrison)
    A less drinky freshers sounds pretty good to me- I live in Aberdeen so sort of know my way around food places if anyone wants to get a group together
    That sounds pretty good! nice to have something to do that doesn't involve alcohol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Za.Ke)
    That sounds pretty good! nice to have something to do that doesn't involve alcohol!
    Yep, it does sound good!

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Grant Court Glad to know there will be other people not drinking, everyone I've met so far seems to want to spend all of Fresher's Week totally smashed.

ReputationRep:
    I'm studying for an MA in Anthropology, probably doing Celtic and Anglo-Saxon Studies alongside

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 19, 2014
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.