The Student Room Group

Need to choose my a levels before gcse results day!

Scroll to see replies

i dont know what french at alevel is like. at gcse its not that hard. chemistry is definitely a handful it really requires dedication
Reply 21
Reply 22
Original post by orlaaghxx
Hi there I would personally suggest doing geography if you are dead set on becoming a doctor, almost if not all universities ask for chemistry and another science which you have covered with Biology. I havent actually cam across a university that asks for all three. if you have chemistry and another science its all about getting your 3As at A Level and to do this you want to pick the subject you can get an easier A in because chem A level is very hard and will be very time consumimg for you. Im not sure which you find easier but generally Geography is seen as the more manageable subject
Hope I have helped

Thanks
Original post by Hobbit8
Hi everyone, I am new to TSR so I don't know if I have posted this in the correct place.

I need to finalise my a level options on the 21st of August :eek:

In the future, I wish to study a maths or science related degree because i enjoy all 3 sciences and maths. Which a level subject combination is the best and would allow me to study the most useful maths or science degrees?

Option 1: maths, further maths, physics, french
Option 2: maths, chemistry, physics, french
Option 3: maths, further maths, physics, chemistry

Which degrees could I study with these different combinations?

Option 1. Definitely not option 2 as there isn't Further Maths in it. I would heavily encourage Further Maths for any maths or science degree. Having french on top of option 1 makes you seem like a broad person.
Reply 24
Thanks. So it's between option 1 and 3 or maybe biology, chemistry, maths and physics
Reply 25
I am definitely doing maths, physics and chemistry now. I'm only unsure about if I should do further maths or biology:dontknow:

(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest