Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I know that Brixton and Peckham are rough areas and I am scared about living in these halls. Has anyone whose lived there before able to tell me what it was like??

ReputationRep:
    Hey, champion hill campus is secure so you have no need to be worried. Peckham and Brixton are not the best parts of London you could say, but they are not dangerous during the day, just be cautious travelling late at night on your own as the crime rate is perhaps higher in these areas than other areas of London so there is more risk you may be targeted as a victim. However, as long as you take some precautions there is nothing to worry about...

ReputationRep:
    I lived at Julian markham house last year, and I am living at champion hill this year. I have been to Peckham and Brixton so I know what they are like... They may be very different area to where you live now, but once you get used to them and know your way around they won't seem scary as they will be too familiar! It's only a short bus journey from champion hill to Central London where you can see the more beautiful sights than Peckham so I wouldn't worry too much

ReputationRep:
    Hi I also have been offered a place at Champion Hill and, seeing as I have never lived in London, have also grown concerned of some of the stuff I've heard about these areas (perhaps these rumors and speculations have been exaggerated, I don't know) . What would be the best way to get to Strand or central London from Champion Hill, or the safest anyway? Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    You really don't need to worry. I've lived very close to these halls for years and the area is safe and pleasant. If anything it's the locals who are worrying at the moment about noise from the expanded halls of residence.

It's actually a quiet spot compared to Brixton and Peckham, on top of a hill with some nice green space in Ruskin Park. That said, I love Brixton too.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've been doing my research about which accommodation to put as my first choice as I will be starting at Kings in September hopefully, and Champion Hill is most likely going to be my first choice. I like the facilities and because it's newly refurbished it should be value for money. Considering you're living there now I have a few questions regarding it still; does the travelling get too much to and from campus? Also, if I wanted a few guests around, is it easy for them to stay? I will be studying at Strand and although I don't really mind the travelling too much I'd just like to get a students perspective on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Irchids)
    I lived at Julian markham house last year, and I am living at champion hill this year. I have been to Peckham and Brixton so I know what they are like... They may be very different area to where you live now, but once you get used to them and know your way around they won't seem scary as they will be too familiar! It's only a short bus journey from champion hill to Central London where you can see the more beautiful sights than Peckham so I wouldn't worry too much

• Hi, I've been doing my research about which accommodation to put as my first choice as I will be starting at Kings in September hopefully, and Champion Hill is most likely going to be my first choice. I like the facilities and because it's newly refurbished it should be value for money. Considering you're living there now I have a few questions regarding it still; does the travelling get too much to and from campus? Also, if I wanted a few guests around, is it easy for them to stay? I will be studying at Strand and although I don't really mind the travelling too much I'd just like to get a students perspective on it.

Thanks!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.