The Student Room Group

Psychology Applicants for 2015 Entry Thread

Scroll to see replies

I'm most likely firming Birmingham! Had offers from Birmingham, Leeds, Surrey and Royal Holloway (Unconditional) and just awaiting Newcastle... getting quite impatient!
Original post by IAmEchelon

Beautiful campus and I like the sound of the course. Why not?
Anyone here interviewed at Cambridge yet for PBS? :smile:
Original post by notebooker

Yeah I had an interview on Tuesday in King's College. So terrifying :P.

What about you?
Original post by liliesarewhite

What about you?

Mine is on Monday! So scared :s How did you feel about yours overall?

What about you?

Me too! Same day, same college! What did you think?
Mine was very challenging. They asked so many questions which I didn't have a clue how to answer :biggrin:
Original post by MartaAlexis
Me too! Same day, same college! What did you think?
Mine was very challenging. They asked so many questions which I didn't have a clue how to answer :biggrin:

Me too! Some of the questions were really hard :/. I came out just feeling really defeated :P. I also had no "traditional" questions, they seemed really focused on the article as well as on one point from my personal statement.

They both seemed really nice though, so that was good. I also had to stay the night from Monday to Tuesday, so I got to spend a few hours talking to the students there about King's, so that was quite informative and fun as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Me too! Some of the questions were really hard :/. I came out just feeling really defeated :P. I also had no "traditional" questions, they seemed really focused on the article as well as on one point from my personal statement.

They both seemed really nice though, so that was good. I also had to stay the night from Monday to Tuesday, so I got to spend a few hours talking to the students there about King's, so that was quite informative and fun as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeap, same here- it was all about the study. I really liked them, though. The woman seemed very cool while the man was kinda scholastic. At what time was your interview? I saw a girl coming out of the interview room and she looked defeated :colondollar:
Original post by notebooker

I have mine at Lucy on Tuesday and my brain is so full it might explode!!
Yeap, same here- it was all about the study. I really liked them, though. The woman seemed very cool while the man was kinda scholastic. At what time was your interview? I saw a girl coming out of the interview room and she looked defeated :colondollar:

What are your predicated grades? And AS/GCSE results
Just wanted to see if I would of had a shot if I applied ahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
What are your predicated grades? And AS/GCSE results
Just wanted to see if I would of had a shot if I applied ahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm an IB student. My predicted score is 44/45. I took four high levels: Bio(7), Psych(7), Croatian(7) and English(7), and two standard levels: Spanish(7) and Math(6) :biggrin:

Where did you end up applying?
I'm an IB student. My predicted score is 44/45. I took four high levels: Bio(7), Psych(7), Croatian(7) and English(7), and two standard levels: Spanish(7) and Math(6) :biggrin:

Wow! That's really high, well done! Good luck with your applications and studies

Birmingham, Newcastle, Nottingham, Lincoln and Aston(regret this choice a bit, should of applied somewhere a lot higher I think)
What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahaha, my pre-interview reading was at 10.00, and then the interview at 10.30; so I finished around 11.00. What about you?

Yeah , I think most of the questions I couldn't answer were from the man :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woaaaah. I feel kind of weird with my 40/41 points now :smile:.

That's really amazing! Just wow :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow! That's really high, well done! Good luck with your applications and studies

Birmingham, Newcastle, Nottingham, Lincoln and Aston(regret this choice a bit, should of applied somewhere a lot higher I think)
What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Birmingham is a good choice! I regret not applying there.
I applied to Cambridge, UCL, St Andrews, Kings and Queen Mary.
Woaaaah. I feel kind of weird with my 40/41 points now :smile:.

That's really amazing! Just wow :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahah you shouldn't. Thanks :biggrin:
Yes!! The man!! He got into philosophy which was really weird and I didn't know what to answer so I was mostly BS-ing :cool: I was right before you! My interview finished around 10:15.
Birmingham is a good choice! I regret not applying there.
I applied to Cambridge, UCL, St Andrews, Kings and Queen Mary.

Oh St. Andrews is one of my choices too :biggrin:. Have you had any replies yet?
Oh St. Andrews is one of my choices too :biggrin:. Have you had any replies yet?

What are your other choices? Queen Mary gave me a conditional offer, but haven't heard from the other colleges yet. You?
What are your other choices? Queen Mary gave me a conditional offer, but haven't heard from the other colleges yet. You?

Well apart from Cambridge I just applied to Scotland; so Glasgow, St. Andrews, Edinburgh and Strathclyde as my backup backup :biggrin:.

I've got a conditional offer from Glasgow so far (but it requires a 7 in SL maths so we'll see how that goes) but nothing more from the others :P.
Well apart from Cambridge I just applied to Scotland; so Glasgow, St. Andrews, Edinburgh and Strathclyde as my backup backup :biggrin:.

I've got a conditional offer from Glasgow so far (but it requires a 7 in SL maths so we'll see how that goes) but nothing more from the others :P.

Wow, good luck! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest