The Student Room Group

Psychology Applicants for 2015 Entry Thread

Scroll to see replies

Guys why do uni's not send offers together. Like for example if you're doing psychology why not send it together. Relives the pressure.
Original post by Rachel1315
Anyone heard from Newcastle for Bsc Psychology? How long do they take to respond?

They took at least a month for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sabinaraus
Good luck then! :smile: What are the unis that you applied to?

I've applied to UCL ST.A Durham bath Royal holloway. For bsc psycholo
Reply 983
Anyone applied to Plymouth?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 984
Hi! Has anybody with predicted grades A-A-B had an offer from Kings College London?
Original post by chem_queen
Just got an offer from UCL! :biggrin: got offers from Bristol and Nottingham & now waiting for St. Andrews and Birmingham but 99% sure I'm firming UCL

Congrats!! When did u sd off ur application and what are your AS grades and predicted grades?
Original post by Florenceycl
Congrats!! When did u sd off ur application and what are your AS grades and predicted grades?

Omg that's amazing. Congratulations. Yh so firm UCL. Best of luck 😊💥🌟
Original post by bdavies6
Has anyone heard back from Durham for straight c800 psychology??? I know lots have for applied but I'm still waiting for straight psych! Anybody know I'm freaking out!!!

I got a conditional AA offer from durham in december. I applied on 18th of Nov predicted A*AA and acheievd AAAB for AS. Hope that helps:smile:
Original post by A-J-
Hi! Has anybody with predicted grades A-A-B had an offer from Kings College London?

There was somebody above that posted that he/she went to the open day for Psych and one of the tutors told them that they didn't make any offers to candidates predicted AAB (although it is mentioned on their website as a minimum), because the applicants are very competitive and their standards are higher than they had expected. Can't vouch for this information though, I guess you still have a chance. :smile:
I have an offer from them and I'm predicted an equivalent of A*AA.
(edited 9 years ago)
I finally got a reply from Bath- I've been offered a place for the MSCi in Psychology (with placement) and the grades required are A*AA. That means I've received an offer for all of my choices which are: Bath, York, Lancaster, Lincoln and Bournemouth. :smile:
Original post by Claros
I finally got a reply from Bath- I've been offered a place for the MSCi in Psychology (with placement) and the grades required are A*AA. That means I've received an offer for all of my choices which are: Bath, York, Lancaster, Lincoln and Bournemouth. :smile:

Well done, that's great!! :biggrin: which are you going to firm and insure?
Original post by sabinaraus
Well done, that's great!! :biggrin: which are you going to firm and insure?

I will be firming Bath, but for the insurance I'm stuck between York and Lancaster as they have the same grade requirements. I've yet to see Lancaster in person but I'll be going to an applicant day so I feel after that I can make the decision.
Original post by Florenceycl
I got a conditional AA offer from durham in december. I applied on 18th of Nov predicted A*AA and acheievd AAAB for AS. Hope that helps:smile:

Congratulations😊
Original post by bdavies6
Has anyone heard back from Durham for straight c800 psychology??? I know lots have for applied but I'm still waiting for straight psych! Anybody know I'm freaking out!!!

Hey, even ive aplied for bsc psycho however I still haven't recieved an offer.
Original post by 12345tf
Got rejected from UCL
AAB offer from Royal Holloway
Unconditional offer from Queen Marys
Waiting for Kings
AAB offer from Manchester

Hey, I'm still waiting to hear back from UCL for their Psychology Bsc. Sorry to hear about your rejection but you've got offers from other brilliant unis!

If you don't mind me asking, why do you think you were rejected?

What were your GCSE/AS/A2 predictions?

:smile:
Hey guys am I the only one waiting for an offer from Edinburgh for Psychology? I mean they acknowledged my application but they didn't get back to me yet. Should I be worried?
Original post by thefatduckTEEHEE
Hey guys am I the only one waiting for an offer from Edinburgh for Psychology? I mean they acknowledged my application but they didn't get back to me yet. Should I be worried?

I don't have an offer yet either and I applied in the middle of November... From the people on TSR I don't believe anyone has an offer for that course (at least I haven't heard from anyone in the forum and it says so on TSR connect) Well, they rejected one person... but no offers yet.
Original post by thefatduckTEEHEE

I know someone who applied there and I don't think she has heard back yet. Unless you've been rejected, you have no reason to worry :smile:
UCL and St Andrews are taking ages to send out offers
Have unconditionals from Glasgow, St Andrews and Stirling, all to do Psychology and Sociology.
But still waiting on my top choice, Edinburgh. Seems like Edinburgh are taking their time, I really just want to hear something, but I don't think many psychology applicants have heard?
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest