The Student Room Group

Psychology Applicants for 2015 Entry Thread

Scroll to see replies

Hello! I received an offer from Bath for their three year Bsc on Friday (the 27th) at around 5pm UK time. I know many of you are waiting on them, good luck! I had been waiting since the 10th of October, so I definitely feel your pain.
Finally got all 5 of my offers! From Ucl, bath, bristol, sussex and nottingham. wasn't expecting to get an offer from Ucl so now have no clue whether to choose bristol or Ucl 😬 anyone know anything about the Ucl applicant days?
Original post by sophielavis
Finally got all 5 of my offers! From Ucl, bath, bristol, sussex and nottingham. wasn't expecting to get an offer from Ucl so now have no clue whether to choose bristol or Ucl 😬 anyone know anything about the Ucl applicant days?

Congratulations! You're so brilliant! UCL is the last one I'm waiting for... How do you consider it compared to Bristol??

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've received a conditional offer from Exeter, Cardiff and York - still waiting for a response from Edinburgh - applied for MA and BSc because Edinburgh is obv where I want to go to.. starting to doubt whether I want to do psychology or not now though.. :frown::frown: what am I meant to do?! is it too late to change degree (to English Literature...which is in itself a hard subject to get into if you apply ON TIME!!) help!!
Reply 1084
Original post by greader
I've received a conditional offer from Exeter, Cardiff and York - still waiting for a response from Edinburgh - applied for MA and BSc because Edinburgh is obv where I want to go to.. starting to doubt whether I want to do psychology or not now though.. :frown::frown: what am I meant to do?! is it too late to change degree (to English Literature...which is in itself a hard subject to get into if you apply ON TIME!!) help!!

What is making you doubt your decision to do psychology? Don't worry I have felt this way about whether I'm choosing the right course or not- you are not alone!
Original post by EllG
What is making you doubt your decision to do psychology? Don't worry I have felt this way about whether I'm choosing the right course or not- you are not alone!

I've never studied psychology before, not that this is a problem - I'm certain that I will enjoy the course and everything within it... but I know that my passion for English literature is far greater (maybe because I have actual experience of the subject?!) I just want to be happy at uni and choose the right course for me, at the moment English seems to be just that, and psychology not so much..:frown:
Has anybody applied for psychology and counselling at teesside:smile:?
Original post by greader

I actually wanted to major on both English Literature and Psychology but I ended up applying for Psychology only. I'll probably chose English Literature as one of my electives. I'm sure you can apply using UCAS extras or clearing and if that doesn't work I think you'll have an option of changing your major once you enroll into a particular college considering that they have vacancies for the course. Since you haven't really don't psychology I suggest you go read up a bit about it because that may help. Good luck :smile:
I got an offer from my insurance, Queen Mary's, over a week ago and I still haven't heard anything from them about an applicant day. I booked my Surrey one a day after receiving my offer and the same for Royal Holloway. Has anyone got an offer and been told about any applicant/offer holder days? Thanks :smile:
Original post by Joshh_C
I got an offer from my insurance, Queen Mary's, over a week ago and I still haven't heard anything from them about an applicant day. I booked my Surrey one a day after receiving my offer and the same for Royal Holloway. Has anyone got an offer and been told about any applicant/offer holder days? Thanks :smile:

Okay I don't know if this was just a one off, but I got an email about an applicant day the day before I got an offer. And also, they are tight on their invitation in that they will allocate you a specific day rather than allowing you to choose which can be a hassle for some.

Nevertheless I would not recommend going to the Queen Mary applicant day for Psychology at all as it was heavily Biological/ Chemical Sciences focused. They only mentioned Psychology once when talking about some research about the though process of fish:confused: Also the professors began talking about how they obtained their degree from Bristol etc. LOL so yeah

It would only be worth your while if you haven't been to the open day and want to look at the campus and accommodation, or ask current students about the course. I left half way through the campus tour after they started showing us the cemetery in the campus :s-smilie: In fact the actual lectures/talks that they offered for Psychology has put me off the Uni entirely :mad:
Finally heard from Bath!! Jesus that was a long 5-ish months!! I have an interview on 19th. So that is an acceptance from Portsmouth, rejection from Cardiff and Holloway and an interview at Bath and Cambridge.
Original post by Amy_B2014
Is anyone firming Royal Holloway for psychology? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure..but it will probably be my insurance :smile:
Original post by AliasJade
Okay I don't know if this was just a one off, but I got an email about an applicant day the day before I got an offer. And also, they are tight on their invitation in that they will allocate you a specific day rather than allowing you to choose which can be a hassle for some.

Nevertheless I would not recommend going to the Queen Mary applicant day for Psychology at all as it was heavily Biological/ Chemical Sciences focused. They only mentioned Psychology once when talking about some research about the though process of fish:confused: Also the professors began talking about how they obtained their degree from Bristol etc. LOL so yeah

It would only be worth your while if you haven't been to the open day and want to look at the campus and accommodation, or ask current students about the course. I left half way through the campus tour after they started showing us the cemetery in the campus :s-smilie: In fact the actual lectures/talks that they offered for Psychology has put me off the Uni entirely :mad:

Hi! Yeah, some of my friends have gone for applicant days for different subjects and they mostly say the same LOOL oh well :rolleyes: I guess because psychology is part of 'biological and chemical sciences' at Queen Mary they don't focus the day on the subjects.. :s-smilie: Thanks though, may just skip the talk and head straight for the accommodation and campus tour :smile: ngl the cemetery isn't exactly selling me on the place.. What are your firm/insurance choices?
Original post by Joshh_C
Hi! Yeah, some of my friends have gone for applicant days for different subjects and they mostly say the same LOOL oh well :rolleyes: I guess because psychology is part of 'biological and chemical sciences' at Queen Mary they don't focus the day on the subjects.. :s-smilie: Thanks though, may just skip the talk and head straight for the accommodation and campus tour :smile: ngl the cemetery isn't exactly selling me on the place.. What are your firm/insurance choices?

Hi! :smile:
Bristol is my firm but I don't really have an insurance in mind, since all my choices are asking AAB which kinda sucks :eek:

What about you?
Original post by AliasJade
Hi! :smile:
Bristol is my firm but I don't really have an insurance in mind, since all my choices are asking AAB which kinda sucks :eek:

What about you?

At the moment Royal Holloway (AAB) is my firm and Queen Mary as my insurance which is ABB. My only other offer so far is Surrey which is 3 A's so thats not going to happen! Hopefully you won't need an insurance! :smile:
Offers from Manchester, Edinburgh, Newcastle and Leeds
Original post by mollywilsonxx
Offers from Manchester, Edinburgh, Newcastle and Leeds

Wow! Congratulations :biggrin: May I ask when you applied for Edinburgh and did you apply for MA or Bsc and which uni are you planning to firm?
I've got unconditionals for Glasgow (which was originally conditional but they changed it??) and for Stirling, and a conditional for Strathclyde :smile: Still waiting for Edinburgh and GCU

I'll be firming my offer from Glasgow :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thefatduckTEEHEE
Wow! Congratulations :biggrin: May I ask when you applied for Edinburgh and did you apply for MA or Bsc and which uni are you planning to firm?

I applied for Bsc and I'm thinking Manchester. How about yourself?
Reply 1099
Hello guys :smile: ... so I am starting to worry a bit since I am still waiting for offers from edinburgh and stirling ...has anybody received any offers from these two unis ( both for psychology bsc ) ? And what kind of offers are they making ? Thanks : )

Quick Reply

Latest