Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

University of Manchester, gap year 2014-2015 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi there guys. I'm currently studying Electrical and Electronic Engineering in the UoM, and I am supposed to start my second year this September. However, we had some bad news from the doctors about my brother. He's diagnosed with cancer and going to start taking the chemo treatment soon. I don't think I can isolate my mind and concentrate on my studies while all these are going on back at my home, I'd rather be with my family. I am an EU citizen by the way. Can the university give me a chance of taking this year off? I've never experienced something like this in my education life can someone please explain me the procedure, do's and don'ts? And also what's going to happen to my Student Finance Services loans? Please can someone tell me about this kind of situation in the simplest terms?

ReputationRep:
    hello, very sorry to hear that, just found your thread searching across and noticed no one has replied, I would firstly suggest you contact your personal tutor and explain the situation, rather than anyone on here they would be best at guiding you, book an appointment, talk to the admissions tutor if they will allow you to take a year between degrees.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.