Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello

I've gotten my offer for Victoria Hall (Block B, Room 16). I'm just wondering how strict it really is after reading some things? I understand putting bins out etc, but can you really not stick things on the walls? Would I be allowed a kettle/mini fridge in my room? Are people allowed to stay over? Basically anything you can tell me about it would be great but bear in mind I've already accepted it :s

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Also, do you still need a tv license for the communal tv?

ReputationRep:
    I am also in Victoria Hall so HEY! (Block C though)

From what I know the people in your flat have to pay for the TV license for the communal TV.
    While I'm not sure about the policy of putting stuff up, I know you're not allowed to use anything that'll damage the room
    You are allowed people to stay over, however they have to sign in at the reception.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think you could split it between 4 then? Thank you and hello! I'm just hoping it's not ridiculously strict. I swapped Ricky Road for this, so went from the cheapest to most expensive, purely because I didn't want a total party-all-the-time atmosphere.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.