Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey all!

I was wondering if you guys could help convince me about which accommodation is best for me, I read all the stickies but still cannot make up my mind.

I will be taking the Engineering with Integrated Foundation Year course, and I'm stuck between Victoria Park and Fallowfield places!

I thought its best perhaps to say what I am looking for, I would rather be near the city but I hear all are still pretty close so I won't apply City as I hear they are crap. I'm an international student and my friend is convincing me to apply Victoria Hall saying its the most "Oxbridge" like, which is something i'm a bit of a fan off.

I wouldn't call myself a party animal but I would enjoy some good night life few times a week with some good drinks. You can say I'm more of a fan of the "classier" areas if you people get what I mean

Any recommendations, I would prefer ensuite! Catered too but that is far from a must for me. What would you guys recommend considering I'm applying so late too!?

ReputationRep:
    I think you'd be lucky to get an en suite since you're applying so late.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lgr94)
    I think you'd be lucky to get an en suite since you're applying so late.
    What really!? Are you sure, I had no choice, got UoM through clearing Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wollveren)
    What really!? Are you sure, I had no choice, got UoM through clearing Any advice?
    Not that many of the halls have ensuite rooms.

I don't see what you mean by the Oxbridge similarities. I very much doubt any of the halls are anywhere near an Oxbridge college.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Apply ASAP if I were you. Someone I know got their en suite in Victoria Park, and they got in through clearing. I applied ages ago for my accomodation and I haven't got any emails yet. *****

ReputationRep:
    I can't fathom why your friend thinks Victoria Hall is Oxbridge like... it's not, at all.

If you want something Oxbridge like, then one of the older, catered, shared bathroom halls (e.g. Hulme or St Anselm's) will be more your thing. Luckily, catered and shared bathroom halls tend not to be oversubscribed, so your chances of getting in there at this late stage are relatively good.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.