Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, do you listen to music while you revise?

Secondly, (this only applies to the people that answered 'yes' for the previous question) what type of music is it?

Thirdly, what is your fav song to revise to?

ReputationRep:
    I always listen to music when I revise... Some say it's distracting, but for me it's quite the opposite.. When I do revise a certain subject, I listen to an album from a specific band/artist, in that way I connect each song with the content being learned, so I will remember the revision in the future every time I listen to the same album! This is my system anyway aha!

The music I tend to listen to is anything that is inspiring to me individually, thus meaning I absolutely loved listening to music from the band A Great Big World because their music is motivating, but it also has a personal meaning because the band is from New York City and there is a lot of reference to NYC in the songs, and it is also my dream to work as a journalist or writer in New York someday!

hope this helped!

ReputationRep:
    To me it depends on what kinda revision I am doing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I match various artists to various subjects as I learn through association.
    For my Maths GCSE, I used a group called f(x) to revise as it matches up with equations.

However, music isn't for everyone so it depends on the person.

ReputationRep:
    8tracks has amazing playlists ranging from every genre. You should check it out. Helped me get though my GCSEs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I like listening to music when I'm revising. It is usually either music with no lyrics or music in a language other than English. It keeps me going, I guess.

ReputationRep:
    I use 8tracks as well very good also iTunes has lots of music for studying on there are some brilliant albums on there

I also find that listening to calming water, nature and sea sounds really good spa music perfect

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mizzhollie_rose)
    I always listen to music when I revise... Some say it's distracting, but for me it's quite the opposite.. When I do revise a certain subject, I listen to an album from a specific band/artist, in that way I connect each song with the content being learned, so I will remember the revision in the future every time I listen to the same album! This is my system anyway aha!

The music I tend to listen to is anything that is inspiring to me individually, thus meaning I absolutely loved listening to music from the band A Great Big World because their music is motivating, but it also has a personal meaning because the band is from New York City and there is a lot of reference to NYC in the songs, and it is also my dream to work as a journalist or writer in New York someday!

hope this helped!

That subject to song thing is so clever, I shall deffo try it out. I love 'A Great Big World'! Good luck with your dream!

ReputationRep:
    I go on youtube and search for those nature sound things which last hours. I usually listen to desert sounds because it makes me feel isolated and clears my brain.

You can also search for study music on Spotify but even that's distracting.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.