Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

As soon as a guy says he "really likes me" it makes me feel trapped & not like him watch

I need to get over this but I don't know how!

i get on really well with guys and...

I want to be able to be in a relationship but every time I get close with a guy and I can see where it's going I start feeling trapped, a bit panicky and have thoughts that focus on the negative of the situation... and i end up distancing my self/ minimising contact to prevent things ...growing...which is really not nice of me...

how do i get over this? whats wrong with me? is this odd?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I need to get over this but I don't know how!

i get on really well with guys and...

I want to be able to be in a relationship but every time I get close with a guy and I can see where it's going I start feeling trapped, a bit panicky and have thoughts that focus on the negative of the situation... and i end up distancing my self/ minimising contact to prevent things ...growing...which is really not nice of me...

how do i get over this? whats wrong with me? is this odd?thanks
    Don't get over it because it helps stop you making bad decisions. If a guy is meant for you and is 'the one' then it will feel right and you won't feel panicky or trapped. As you do feel those things with current guys you know they won't make good relationship material for you.

ReputationRep:
    I used to be the same , I messed up every single relationship I was close to getting into because I felt trapped and just generally scared of the idea of a relationship.

There is not much you can do, people deal with that fear in different ways. All I can say is to not overthink what could go wrong or any potential negatives and just go for it and see what happeneds. The worse thing that can happen is it not working and you brake up or if you start feeling to trapped just tell him you need space , if he likes you he will give you it.

( sorry wish I could be more useful)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madeline_H95)
    Don't get over it because it helps stop you making bad decisions. If a guy is meant for you and is 'the one' then it will feel right and you won't feel panicky or trapped. As you do feel those things with current guys you know they won't make good relationship material for you.
    What a pile of horse-****

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 25, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.