Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Due to sit my Navy recruit test in a couple of days for Warfare officer. However, also seriously considering applying for the RAF as an intelligence officer... is it possible to do so? Is it advisable?

... How long would I be waiting if I decided to end my application with RN and pursue RAF instead?

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    Possible? Of course.

Advisable? Well, you wouldn't only ever apply for one job at a time in any other industry, would you? As long as you can keep the details in you head, explain yourself, know the environments, no real reason why not.

How long would you be waiting? How long's a piece of string? Can take anything from 3 months to a year to go through all the hoops - assuming you pass every stage first time, which is by no means a given.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Possible? Of course.

Advisable? Well, you wouldn't only ever apply for one job at a time in any other industry, would you? As long as you can keep the details in you head, explain yourself, know the environments, no real reason why not.

How long would you be waiting? How long's a piece of string? Can take anything from 3 months to a year to go through all the hoops - assuming you pass every stage first time, which is by no means a given.

But wouldn't the guys at the AFCO question my commitment to either force if they see me coming in for the navy one day and the RAF the next?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J2013)
    But wouldn't the guys at the AFCO question my commitment to either force if they see me coming in for the navy one day and the RAF the next?
    They could, yes.

So have an answer for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    They could, yes.

So have an answer for them.

OK buddy.
    Thanks for the response.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.