The Student Room Group

college or A-level??

need advice ASAP!!!!
i was wondering which is better for me to take to do midwifery,
btec health and social care level 3 or A-level.
most of my grades are Bs and Cs so which should i take?
I know myself how hard this decision can be! I was torn between doing A-levels in sixth form or to go to college to do extended diploma health and social care level 3.. but I went with my gut and went to college.

I am so GLAD i went to college,i feel like i have more freedom and a better insight into the world of healthcare. im going to be starting my 2nd/final year in september.
Reply 2
Yeah, that's a tough decision. You will need need to work really hard if you want to get good grades in a level. If you are sure you can spend a lot of time and effort into studying you can do your a levels. But students with Bs and Cs in their GCSEs usually end up with Es and Us in their a levels. Plus, the teachers in a level won't help you as much as your GCSE teachers did. So if i were you i'd go to college. I hope this is helpful. Good luck! :smile:

Original post by pcyo
need advice ASAP!!!!
i was wondering which is better for me to take to do midwifery,
btec health and social care level 3 or A-level.
most of my grades are Bs and Cs so which should i take?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by demhka
Yeah, that's a tough decision. You will need need to work really hard if you want to get good grades in a level. If you are sure you can spend a lot of time and effort into studying you can do your a levels. But students with Bs and Cs in their GCSEs usually end up with Es and Us in their a levels. Plus, the teachers in a level won't help you as much as your GCSE teachers did. So if i were you i'd go to college. I hope this is helpful. Good luck! :smile:

Thanks, I never really studied for my exams and I easily lose motivation when I do coursework I'll take your advise into account.
Reply 4
Original post by Ffion_Mair
I know myself how hard this decision can be! I was torn between doing A-levels in sixth form or to go to college to do extended diploma health and social care level 3.. but I went with my gut and went to college.

I am so GLAD i went to college,i feel like i have more freedom and a better insight into the world of healthcare. im going to be starting my 2nd/final year in september.

Goodluck! If you don't mind me asking, what would your next step be after college?
After finishing my extended dip health and social care level 3, I want to go onto university to do occupational therapy. :yes:

Quick Reply

Latest