The Student Room Group

Opinions on A-Level Law?

Looking at taking Law at A-Level and I would like to hear how people find it and if they did well etc.
Original post by Meg321
Looking at taking Law at A-Level and I would like to hear how people find it and if they did well etc.

Heya, I'm going to put this in the Law forum for you as you should get more responses there.

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=225
It's a good, solid, diverse subject which overlaps with many other interesting subjects such as history and politics and required you to think, apply rules and structure and decorum to your answers.

In my own personal experience, taking a level law was the best course of action I did as it really ignite my passion for law and made certain it was what I wanted to study at university- essentially my reservations and uncertainties of what law consists of we're no more, and I could rest assured that I would not be wasting £9000 per year, as I enjoyed the course and by all accounts much of 1st year law deals with the same aspects of a level (criminal, tort) etx
Reply 3
If you have any sort of interest in the subject then go for it. It's by far the best subject I'm taking for a level (over Biology, Maths and PE) and would recommend it to everyone. 75% of the course is based on applying to knowledge to scenarios which, whether you decide to continue on to degree level or not, is an invaluable skill which universities and employers will be keen to have.

I personally love it and have done pretty well so far too (A at AS). So in my opinion certainly take it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending