Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My best mates girlfriend has a crush on me, have i done the right thing? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So recently me and a large group of friends were in night club a week ago and most of my mates had left early, so it was me, my mate and his girlfriend. We are all aged 18 and go to college. I really wanted to stay and enjoy the rest of the night because I had booked the next day off work so I could enjoy the night as I intended.

My mate then decided to leave and dont know what was said with the loud music pumping out. My mates girlfriend then decided to stay as I wanted and she suggested that we stayed out together and enjoyed the rest of the night. So we danced had a few drinks until it was closed. I walked her home (which took an hour) gave her my hoodie and had my arms around her to help keep her warm. I saw her to the door and kissed goodnight.

A week later I was intending to go out with a few of my friends, this time my mate who left his girlfriend didn't come but his girlfriend did come as she seemed to keen to have another night out. I made sure that we all looked after her and that she was having a great time but safe. So we all had a pub crawl, downed a lot of drinks and ended up in a night club once again. This time we all stayed out until the very end. My mates girlfriend was very flirty with me, she was saying that she wanted me more from the previous night out and i told her that I wasn't intending to do anything like that to her. She wanted me to kiss her and ditch my friends. She was unhappy with me when I refused to. On the dancefloor when we were alone at times we did have short snogs at one time just so I could see her smile more.

We all left the club together and we went separate ways home, I once again walked her home and saw her to the door, she wanted me to kiss her again, so I did for this last time.

I know that alcohol could possibly be the problem with this, but I never took advantage of her and thought about my mate and other mates as this would look bad on me as well as her. Have I done the right thing here, even our short snogs brought a bit of guilt to me, but I know my mate would be suspicious. I dont want to loose this girl as a mate because we get on really well shes beautiful and intelligent and 2 years ago we were in a relationship for a about a year.

ReputationRep:
    Jeez. Bros before hoes dude.

You should tell your mate if you have any respect for him.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a strange dynamic you and your friends have going. I would never leave my girlfriend alone in a club with a guy she used to date, friend or no friend.

ReputationRep:
    Threesome?

ReputationRep:
    So did your mate leave her or what? You started talking about someone leaving his girlfriend but didn't make clear who...

If she is a free agent your mate doesn't really have much to complain about. It's not ideal and he will probably be pissed about it if you get with his ex so soon. He may well assume that you two were cheating behind his back as well. Best option is to explain that to her and leave it. Maybe start seeing her further down the line if you really think you're interested in her. If you think shes just pretty hot and might be a good lay then don't be a dumb ass and screw up your friendship over some like 2 month relationship based purely on appearance and 2 drunken nights out. If you are in love with this girl then tell her that, wait it and and if your mate doesn't understand later it's sort of his own problem for alienating you.

Pro tip: Don't ever call it "snogging". "Kissing" or "getting with" will do and is far less lame and far less likely to get you laughed at all the way home for a lonely spanking of the monkey.

ReputationRep:
    Lmao you left the most important fact to the end as if it were an unimportant afterthought.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BenAssirati)
    Lmao you left the most important fact to the end as if it were an unimportant afterthought.
    OMG I can't even-

You're such a detective heh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BenAssirati)
    true, lol.. i was thinking the same thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IHTWFR)
    OMG I can't even-

You're such a detective heh

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Right. Thanks for that contribution.

(Original post by Leah910)
    true, lol.. i was thinking the same thing
    It is so stupid. He is like 'I snogged my best friend's girl. Oh BTW, she is my ex' as if it was completely unimportant.

ReputationRep:
    I love the bit detailing how you only 'snogged' her to make her smile more. You are a saint, clearly you had only her happiness in mind. We need more selfless people such as yourself to 'snog' taken girls. :eyeball::unimpressed:

This sounds very :jerry:

(This wasn't meant to sound as stroppy as it does, I actually found it amusing)

ReputationRep:
    Who needs friends aye.

ReputationRep:
    No making out with his girlfriend was not the right thing.

ReputationRep:
    Lol all of you are a mess. You used to date this girl and now she's dating your best friend. Then you're kissing her and stuff? Ofcourse you should feel guilty. Disgusting. Ugh, tell your friend the truth.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if even serious, but if so 'snogging' your 'best mates' girlfriend is no joke, tell her if he's really your best friend and don't act like you were doing everyone a favour by just trying to make her happy, you (and she obviously) were screwing over your best friend.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 18, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.