Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I know definitely that I will be taking Physics, Chemistry and Math and I am looking to do four A-levels, the fourth either being Economics or Further Math. I enjoy Math and can actually get carried away with much like reading a book but I feel as though I would struggle with Further Math. Economics to me seems really fun as well and it's important to keep up on the political and economic news so I feel as though it would be impressionable to universities. But what I really want to do is use my A-levels to get a Physics degree and I'm absolutely sure on that bit at the same time, not sure if Economics or Further Math would help more. Now, I know the obvious answer is Further Math but with a Physics degree, the job that you go for does not have to be entirely physics related as a Physics degree is a Math based degree. This means that I have a lot of versatility in terms of jobs and the jobs that I would love to do. So I am thinking Economics would be useful in that sense but equally so is Further Math. Can someone give me reasons to and not to take one of these, please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [email protected])
    I did Chem, Physics, Maths and Further maths and just completed my AS year and I think if you know which 3 A2's you are doing it may not be that important what the 4th AS is as long as you enjoy it and think that you will be able to get a good grade. Further Maths was a lot of work and difficult concepts to get your head around. A few of my friends did econ and it seemed to just be a lot of essays which I know I'm not great at but if you think you would be good at them by all means go for it but unis will focus mainly on whatever your 3 A2's are not the 4th AS you dropped.
    I've never thought of it that way but now that you've mentioned it, I think I understand what I want to do now. I'm not great at essays and such which I think is now leading me away from the subject. Math is the only language I have ever understood. You genuinely have been good help and that was sound advice, I've talked to many people and they have just said take what you enjoy, even teachers. And I'm like this isn't GCSE aha

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.