Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i'm not sure which to apply to, they both seem lovely. i want to study history and english language. i know kent is quiter but i heard you end up meeting a lot of people and become close due to that so that made me lean towards kent. also kent is nearer to london. however birmingham is a much more prestigious uni. which do you think is nicer? i know birmingham is ranked higher. i'm scared i won't make friends in birmingham. also do you think birmingham are lenient with grades? and i've heard that in birmingham most people are asian/black, i was wondering if this is true. any feedback from people who have been to these uni's would be appreciated, what you liked/disliked about either, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lalalalisha)
    i'm not sure which to apply to, they both seem lovely. i want to study history and english language. i know kent is quiter but i heard you end up meeting a lot of people and become close due to that so that made me lean towards kent. also kent is nearer to london. however birmingham is a much more prestigious uni. which do you think is nicer? i know birmingham is ranked higher. i'm scared i won't make friends in birmingham. also do you think birmingham are lenient with grades? and i've heard that in birmingham most people are asian/black, i was wondering if this is true. any feedback from people who have been to these uni's would be appreciated, what you liked/disliked about either, thanks.
    Let me begin by saying you'll have a great time at either university! I'm due to start my course at Birmingham in September. I'm not even there yet but I can tell from the freshers pages that people are dying to make friends so don't worry about that aspect. I wouldn't worry too much about Birmingham being more prestigious, after all it's what YOU do there which counts. I think it depends on how populated the course is/how far off the grades you are etc... Don't let other people decide where you go, you're going to have to spend 3 years there. If you haven't visited them definitely do!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UMS)
    Let me begin by saying you'll have a great time at either university! I'm due to start my course at Birmingham in September. I'm not even there yet but I can tell from the freshers pages that people are dying to make friends so don't worry about that aspect. I wouldn't worry too much about Birmingham being more prestigious, after all it's what YOU do there which counts. I think it depends on how populated the course is/how far off the grades you are etc... Don't let other people decide where you go, you're going to have to spend 3 years there. If you haven't visited them definitely do!
    thank you! i hope you enjoy the university it does look amazing. i live in gibraltar so i'm hopefully going to visit in october. also i was wondering because i know the ethnicity in birmingham as a whole is pretty high like apparently only 50% of the people are english. do you know if this is true about the uni itself aswell?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lalalalisha)
    thank you! i hope you enjoy the university it does look amazing. i live in gibraltar so i'm hopefully going to visit in october. also i was wondering because i know the ethnicity in birmingham as a whole is pretty high like apparently only 50% of the people are english. do you know if this is true about the uni itself aswell?
    If you're interested in the proportions of international students take a look at http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.c o.uk/birmingham/international
    It's no different to most universities

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UMS)
    If you're interested in the proportions of international students take a look at http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.c o.uk/birmingham/international
    It's no different to most universities
    yeah i think i might go for it since though i think i may make more friends in kent birmingham is a better uni which i suppose is the point of going haha

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.