The Student Room Group

Imperial College A100 applicants 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by RealistZ
Is that just imperial and UCL do you think leeds are like that as well

As far as I know, Leeds requires BMAT for the very first time so it might be different. However, I don't think they would accept anybody scoring below 3.

For Imperial, last year cut-offs were 4.5, 4.6 and 2.5B. :smile:
Original post by Ucki
As far as I know, Leeds requires BMAT for the very first time so it might be different. Houwever, I don't think they would accept anybody scoring below 3.

For Imperial, last year cut-offs were 4.5, 4.6 and 2.5B. :smile:

Makes sense do you think BMAT cut off will go higher lower or stay the same this year
Reply 102
Makes sense do you think BMAT cut off will go higher lower or stay the same this year

Quite a lot of people found the first section a bit less tricky than usual. (Personally, I disagree.) But then there are people applying to Leeds only which are, according to some applicants, expected to score lower. So I would say the cut-off for section one will hardly change.

As for section 2, those who didn't read the Assumed Scientific Knowledge Guide could get easily confused by some of the questions. Plus, I found it fairly challenging at times - not horrendous, but still demanding... Considering the changes in specification, I would expect cut-off for this section being lowered - probably around 4.0-4.2.

There shouldn't be any changes in section 3 cut-off.

However! It all depends on candidates applying to Imperial. If the majority of people got 5+ in both sections, cut-off might go up and vice versa. And most importantly, Imperial is one of the best universities, continually progressing... I don't see admission tutors lowering minimum scores just because of worse overall average. Imperial has a standard that is unlikely to be influenced by candidates pool. I imagine they would rather reject more applicants straight away and make the next step of decision making a bit easier.

I think we should hope the cut-offs won't get higher but will remain the same as this is more likely to happen than the reverse. :s-smilie:

Sorry for such a long answer. :biggrin: Just couldn't express myself in few lines. :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Ucki
Quite a lot of people found the first section a bit less tricky than usual. (Personally, I disagree.) But then there are people applying to Leeds only which are, according to some applicants, expected to score lower. So I would say the cut-off for section one will hardly change.

As for section 2, those who didn't read the Assumed Scientific Knowledge Guide could get easily confused by some of the questions. Plus, I found it fairly challenging at times - not horrendous, but still demanding... Considering the changes in specification, I would expect cut-off for this section being lowered - probably around 4.0-4.2.

There shouldn't be any changes in section 3 cut-off.

However! It all depends on candidates applying to Imperial. If the majority of people got 5+ in both sections, cut-off might go up and vice versa. And most importantly, Imperial is one of the best universities, continually progressing... I don't see admission tutors lowering minimum scores just because of worse overall average. Imperial has a standard that is unlikely to be influenced by candidates pool. I imagine they would rather reject more applicants straight away and make the next step of decision making a bit easier.

I think we should hope the cut-offs won't get higher but will remain the same as this is more likely to happen than the reverse. :s-smilie:

Sorry for such a long answer. :biggrin: Just couldn't express myself in few lines. :biggrin:

It's okay I also found S1 kinda hard not enough time to answer questions properly, I thought I smashed S2 but when I came on TSR the unofficial mark scheme destroyed me. And for S3 I don't think I fully answered the question. But you never actually know until you see so fingers crossed
It's okay I also found S1 kinda hard not enough time to answer questions properly, I thought I smashed S2 but when I came on TSR the unofficial mark scheme destroyed me. And for S3 I don't think I fully answered the question. But you never actually know until you see so fingers crossed

I haven't even tried to look at the mark scheme, I want to remain at least slightly positive:tongue: plus its not going to change my answers so I didn't really see the point :smile:
Reply 105
Original post by sarahfrost97
I haven't even tried to look at the mark scheme, I want to remain at least slightly positive:tongue: plus its not going to change my answers so I didn't really see the point :smile:

Same for me. :smile: I only saw a few answers - enough to recall those silly mistakes that I made. :biggrin: But I still hope it will be above 7. :biggrin: I always loved S2. :smile:
Original post by Ucki
Same for me. :smile: I only saw a few answers - enough to recall those silly mistakes that I made. :biggrin: But I still hope it will be above 7. :biggrin: I always loved S2. :smile:

Well, I'm hoping for above 5.5, and I think I haven't got that so im just going to keep my fingers crossed at hope for the best :smile: I didn't like any of it, apart from a select few essay titles that were pretty interesting :biggrin:
Reply 107
How did everybody do?
Reply 108
Original post by Hectors
How did everybody do?

Poorly. 5.4, 4.4, 3.5A. I just refuse to believe my S2 score. I was really expecting 7+. Never got less than 5 from past papers and usually got around 7. Plus this paper seemed to be so nice. :frown:

I guess I can say goodbye to Imperial... 4.4 is surely below the cut-off.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 109
Original post by Ucki
Poorly. 5.4, 4.4, 3.5A. I just refuse to believe my S2 score. I was really expecting 7+. Never got less than 5 from past papers and usually got around 7. Plus this paper seemed to be so nice. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Likewise, I got 4.2, bye bye Imperial! I was expecting a 5 at least... will chalk it up to being an arts graduate.
Reply 110
Original post by iulz
Likewise, I got 4.2, bye bye Imperial! I was expecting a 5 at least... will chalk it up to being an arts graduate.

I can't even sleep. Imperial was my first choice. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 111
Original post by Ucki
I can't even sleep. Imperial was my first choice. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey don't worry, yet! What were your other choices? As someone who's been through UCAS before - admittedly for history rather than medicine - things have a way of working out for the best :smile:

(we may be in luck and find the cut-offs reduced in any case....)
Reply 112
Original post by iulz
Hey don't worry, yet! What were your other choices? As someone who's been through UCAS before - admittedly for history rather than medicine - things have a way of working out for the best :smile:

I hope for it.
Other choices... Oxford (even less possible), King's (mean UKCAT) and Bristol. The only thing I can be sure about is the unconditional from Exeter for Medical Sciences. But I want to study medicine, not medical sciences. :/

Yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 113
Original post by Ucki
I hope for it.
Other choices... Oxford (even less possible), King's (mean UKCAT) and Bristol. The only thing I can be sure about is the unconditional from Exeter for Medical Sciences. But I want to study medicine, not medical sciences. :/

Yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

UCL (not as hopeless), KCL (decent UKCAT) and Bart's (I'm feeling pretty good about by UKCAT tariff +UKCAT)

But still can't sleep :wink:
guys whats imperials cut off for section 1 for 2015s entry?
Original post by iulz

whats imperials cut off for 2015 entry?
Reply 116
Original post by Ucki

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, i got 4.1, 6.3, 3A so we are kind of on the same boat :frown: Dunno what the hell happened but it's about time i unsubscribe from this thread :frown:
Reply 117
From what I've seen, a lot of people are getting lower S2 scores, so hopefully that cut off will be lower!
What do you think this year's cut-off will be?
Original post by Papanikolaou
What do you think this year's cut-off will be?

Original post by sarasaeed97
whats imperials cut off for 2015 entry?

Well apparently somebody on the medic page called up and imperial wont publish the cutoff until April, when weve all recieved our offers/rejections

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending