The Student Room Group

AS OCR Maths (not MEI) I got a C...

I got a B in core 1 (78/100), a B in core 2 (71/100) and a D in statistics (D but my teacher was ****! with 55/100)... I got a C overall...

...do you think it is worth resitting to try and get a B overall? I hate stats so much and I don't think I can do any better but I thought I would get a good grade in core 1 (a high A!!).

It's just gone to pot, I was predicted a high A and ideally I need an A in maths for my preferred medical school. :frown:
I'm pretty sure you can resit single modules? Just resit S1 while doing A2.. [ C3, C4, S2 (or m1, d1) S1 ]
If you get 91/100 you'll get an A

Or resit C1 and aim for 95+. That should get you a B
Original post by edothero
I'm pretty sure you can resit single modules? Just resit S1 while doing A2.. [ C3, C4, S2 (or m1, d1) S1 ]
If you get 91/100 you'll get an A

Or resit C1 and aim for 95+. That should get you a B

But if I resit 1 module then my results aren't all achieved in one sitting. :frown:(
Reply 3
Original post by WishIHadRevised
I got a B in core 1 (78/100), a B in core 2 (71/100) and a D in statistics (D but my teacher was ****! with 55/100)... I got a C overall...

...do you think it is worth resitting to try and get a B overall? I hate stats so much and I don't think I can do any better but I thought I would get a good grade in core 1 (a high A!!).

It's just gone to pot, I was predicted a high A and ideally I need an A in maths for my preferred medical school. :frown:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding this, but if you need an A to get into your preferred medical school, the surely you should resit all of your modules? If you were predicted a high A grade then that means you are definitely capable of it.

Quick Reply

Latest