The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

John Milton Hall 2014-2015

Hi all,

So just got my offer of accommodation and im going to be in John Milton Hall. Im going to be studying Business Management and Entrepreneurship and am coming up from London. Would be good to know a few people before we get there so let me know

Scroll to see replies

Hi there, unfortunately I am no longer coming to hull university. I have been offered a place in a london university. Although am still planning to move up there after my qualification as I have family near hull, but that will not be till the next three years. Am happy to meet up and keep in touch. Thanks for getting in touch.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by tobisky247
Hi there, unfortunately I am no longer coming to hull university. I have been offered a place in a london university. Although am still planning to move up there after my qualification as I have family near hull, but that will not be till the next three years. Am happy to meet up and keep in touch. Thanks for getting in touch.

Errmm think you have the wrong thread mate. Im talking about Chester Uni...
Hi! I'm going to be staying on the 1st floor of John Milton Hall and will be studying criminology :smile:
Reply 4
I'm on the 1st floor as well, studying law :smile: what room number are you?
Reply 5
Hi there!

I stayed in John Milton Hall last year and I have to say it's one of the best student halls at the university as it provides a real student experience. The accommodation is only a few minutes walk down to the main Chester campus and about a five minute walk into the City centre. If anyone has any questions regarding John Milton or the University/City in general, i'd be more than happy to answer!

Welcome to the University of Chester :smile:
Original post by nielajay

I am room number 119! What about you? :smile:
Original post by Gator95
Hi there!

I stayed in John Milton Hall last year and I have to say it's one of the best student halls at the university as it provides a real student experience. The accommodation is only a few minutes walk down to the main Chester campus and about a five minute walk into the City centre. If anyone has any questions regarding John Milton or the University/City in general, i'd be more than happy to answer!

Welcome to the University of Chester :smile:

Hi! How big are the bedrooms? I haven't been able to find any pictures of the bedrooms at all!

also is there just one kitchen to share between all the students?

thanks!
Reply 8
Hi Guys! :biggrin:
I've also just received my offer to John Milton Hall, First Floor.
I'm studying Law and Spanish, what about you? :colondollar:
Original post by thanhhang
Hi Guys! :biggrin:
I've also just received my offer to John Milton Hall, First Floor.
I'm studying Law and Spanish, what about you? :colondollar:

Hi there! What's your room number?

Everyone should join the Facebook group for our accommodation :smile:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/795104833843687
Original post by abiisnail_
Hi there! What's your room number?

Everyone should join the Facebook group for our accommodation :smile:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/795104833843687

I'm not even entirely sure what is the room number, what I got is:
"We are pleased to inform you that you have been made an offer for a room at University of Chester.

The Accommodation you have been offered is room CJM019 Ground Floor John Milton Hall. Your room is a Self Catered type room - Single Ensuite"

Also, could somebody help me with this Direct Debit thing please? I know nothing about banking, I'm going to university despite my mother's disapproval so I'm doing everything on my own here.
Original post by thanhhang
I'm not even entirely sure what is the room number, what I got is:
"We are pleased to inform you that you have been made an offer for a room at University of Chester.

The Accommodation you have been offered is room CJM019 Ground Floor John Milton Hall. Your room is a Self Catered type room - Single Ensuite"

Also, could somebody help me with this Direct Debit thing please? I know nothing about banking, I'm going to university despite my mother's disapproval so I'm doing everything on my own here.

The number at the end of CJM019 means your room is number 19!

I'm more than happy to help with the direct debit stuff- if you join the group in my last comment, send me a message through Facebook :smile:

I posted on the group just now, my name is abi :biggrin:
I'm in John Milton, first floor and room 121, and I'm doing primary education!
Original post by nielajay

Im im studying law too!
Reply 14
Hey, Im also going to be in the same building and come from near(ish) London myself (Essex), so it'll be good having someone from around the same area :smile: Im going to be studying English Lang and Lit
Original post by niamhminster95
I'm in John Milton, first floor and room 121, and I'm doing primary education!

I'm 119 so we're probably very close!
Reply 16
I am room number 119! What about you? :smile:

I'm 127! :smile:
Reply 17
Hi! How big are the bedrooms? I haven't been able to find any pictures of the bedrooms at all!

also is there just one kitchen to share between all the students?

thanks!

Hi! Bedroom sizes vary quite a bit depending on whether you are single or sharing. Last year, I was sharing and therefore had quite a large room. However if you look at my pictures it should give you an idea of what a single size should be. (Only showed my half)

Regarding kitchens, the ground floor has 2 kitchens, first floor has 2 good size kitchens and a very small one. The second floor unfortunately has just the one shared kitchen. However I was on the 2nd floor last year and shared with around 12 other people but we all seemed to cope very well. There's enough cupboard space for everyone to keep their stuff in and two fridges and two cookers in each kitchen.

There is one large common room on the ground floor available to everyone.

Hope this helped a bit!
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1408455932.378280.jpg
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1408455559.327391.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gator95
Hi! Bedroom sizes vary quite a bit depending on whether you are single or sharing. Last year, I was sharing and therefore had quite a large room. However if you look at my pictures it should give you an idea of what a single size should be. (Only showed my half)

Regarding kitchens, the ground floor has 2 kitchens, first floor has 2 good size kitchens and a very small one. The second floor unfortunately has just the one shared kitchen. However I was on the 2nd floor last year and shared with around 12 other people but we all seemed to cope very well. There's enough cupboard space for everyone to keep their stuff in and two fridges and two cookers in each kitchen.

There is one large common room on the ground floor available to everyone.

Hope this helped a bit!
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1408455932.378280.jpg
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1408455559.327391.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whoa sharing with around 12 people? I thought we would share a kitchen with just 6 people. Damn 12 is a lot!
Hi! I just got my accommodation offer and I am on the second floor, room number 207B (I think). I am an exchange student from the US :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest