Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    wat is the most expensive piece of clothing you've eva bought?? how much did u spend??

ReputationRep:
    Erm....I really can't think. Tragically, it's probably actually some of my old school uniform, where the blazers cost £60 or something stupid. I have several things which all cost around the £40 mark - my ball dress, my coat, some shoes, my gown etc.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm one of my coats cost £400, I think that one wins.

ReputationRep:
    my most expensive thing is my leavers ball dress which cost £130 including a shawl.. but it is really nice though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psycho girl)
    wat is the most expensive piece of clothing you've eva bought?? how much did u spend??
    I have a coat which cost me £240 and I always spend about £100 on trainers.

ReputationRep:
    The most was a hundred quid on a dress. But that was a ball dress, so that's cheap really.

Other than that, probably £65 on a pair of trousers. I wear them lots though and they've lasted ages, so again not really that expensive.

Mind you, I don't work. I could easily spend a bit more without worries if I had wages to blow.

ReputationRep:
    Erm probably about £60 on a jacket, that pretty much tops the price list, don't buy expensive stuff really.

ReputationRep:
    i dont usually but sumtimes u cant help it

ReputationRep:
    Most expensive thing was my thigh high boots at £160.

ReputationRep:
    Long black coat, £70

ReputationRep:
    I feel like such a cheapskate now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kissit)
    Most expensive thing was my thigh high boots at £160.

Oooh, where from/what are they like? That sounds quite a good price for the things. I haven't really looked at prices that much though.

I'm currently lusting over a black suede pair in Faith.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley...)
    Oooh, where from/what are they like? That sounds quite a good price for the things. I haven't really looked at prices that much though.

Mine were from faith....called 'metalica' i think, they are cream canvas, with distressed grey leather pathes and lots of metal detail eg chain. Very pointy & very high heel. Fab!!
    I think if you look on the faith website they are on there but only available in black.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kissit)
    Mine were from faith....called 'metalica' i think, they are cream canvas, with distressed grey leather pathes and lots of metal detail eg chain. Very pointy & very high heel. Fab!!
    I think if you look on the faith website they are on there but only available in black.

Oh, I think I've seen those.
    I wouldn't be able to wear them much. they're a bit busy for me, heh.

But I'm sure they look good if you're confident enough to wear them.

Your ones are £100 on the site now..

ReputationRep:
    a dress for my cousins 18th...at £110

i said id pay that much as id wear it to my dinner and dance which was 3 months later...but of course i bought a new dress for that too!

and it was a petite dress...which always cost more!

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I think I've seen those.
    I wouldn't be able to wear them much. they're a bit busy for me, heh.

But I'm sure they look good if you're confident enough to wear them.

Your ones are £100 on the site now..
    I know, they are on sale so im campaigning to get the difference back! lol!

ReputationRep:
    The most expensive clothing I have bought is a Regatta jacket which was £65. My bf bought me a ski jacket a few years back which cost about £150.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    a dress for my cousins 18th...at £110

i said id pay that much as id wear it to my dinner and dance which was 3 months later...but of course i bought a new dress for that too!

and it was a petite dress...which always cost more!

love Katy ***
    petite stuff is always more expensive, it's so not fair. and it's never in the sales. and you have to go the bigger shops (i have to go into liverpool normally) to get it. we have it so hard...

most expensive for me- probably my knee-high boots that were about £70, my coat was about the same (and is actually really bad quality, grrr), maybe my ski-jacket which was also bout that sort of price. the dress i wore on my birthday should have been £80, but i got it in the sales (wooo)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:

I had mine made especially by a cobbler cause I have really big calf muscles from all the running I do (honest!!).

They are real leather and cost me £635.00. Hopefully they will last a lifetime and are worth it! Everyone should get their shoes made to their exact size-revival of th cobblers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    I feel like such a cheapskate now!
    Yss, treat yourself to something expensive.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.