Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psycho girl)
    wat is the most expensive piece of clothing you've eva bought?? how much did u spend??
    last week i bought a beeeee-yootiful yellow jacket from topshop for £50. it's so nice and i think is the most i've spent on clothes/shoes: im very good at finding good bargains

ReputationRep:
    i spent £600 on a gucci watch once...but thats not really clothing and to be honest i'm too scared to wear it incase i brake it! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VoodooDoll)
    i spent £600 on a gucci watch once...but thats not really clothing and to be honest i'm too scared to wear it incase i brake it! :rolleyes:
    shudnt u be revising for ya mocks u nawty ukl addict!!!! *SPANKS VOODOO!*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babyboo)
    shudnt u be revising for ya mocks u nawty ukl addict!!!! *SPANKS VOODOO!*
    LOL! yup i am! i'm writing an essay up on the comp so i just thought i'd look at UKL, it was only a minute, honest...

i really am becoming an addict aren't I..... :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    Yss, treat yourself to something expensive.
    But it makes me feel guilty! I have the money, technically, but I want to keep it till I really need it for something. I am practical about clothes, and refuse to spend silly amounts on them, although it would be nice to know you have something really nice for a change.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    But it makes me feel guilty! I have the money, technically, but I want to keep it till I really need it for something. I am practical about clothes, and refuse to spend silly amounts on them, although it would be nice to know you have something really nice for a change.
    Well, me thinks when you qualify as a doctor you should treat yourself something rotten with something. You only live once!!!

ReputationRep:
    My parents bought me a leather trenchcoat for £350
    It was really expensive, but for what it is it's actually quite cheap. The leather is absolutely gorgeous and it's this really soft Italian stuff and the coat looks great on me. It'll last me like 20 years or something

ReputationRep:
    My Collette Dinnigan gown which was $1290

530.806 GBP
    United Kingdom Pounds.

*Cringes* Boy did i save for a long time for that baby!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    My Collette Dinnigan gown which was $1290

530.806 GBP
    United Kingdom Pounds.

*Cringes* Boy did i save for a long time for that baby!! :eek:
    wow where did you get the £0.006 from! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    wow where did you get the £0.006 from! :eek:
    online converter... i have no idea about foriegn money! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Well, me thinks when you qualify as a doctor you should treat yourself something rotten with something. You only live once!!!
    When I qualify! That won't be for 5 years! I know I only live once, but I've lived with my parents, who are rubbish with money, so we could never afford anything when I was younger and I always had rubbish clothes (hated home clothes days at school). So when I see something costing lots of money I just dismiss it right away. I'm just being careful - clinical years are not going to be easy to get through on a student loan and with no holidays to work in - so buying expensive clothes/shoes would just be frivolous.

Wow, Everdawn, I hope that dress was worth it!

ReputationRep:

OH YES IT WAS! I wouldnt buy it otherwise. IM going to save it and pass it on to my great-grandchildren...lol!

ReputationRep:
    When I qualify! That won't be for 5 years! I know I only live once, but I've lived with my parents, who are rubbish with money, so we could never afford anything when I was younger and I always had rubbish clothes (hated home clothes days at school). So when I see something costing lots of money I just dismiss it right away. I'm just being careful - clinical years are not going to be easy to get through on a student loan and with no holidays to work in - so buying expensive clothes/shoes would just be frivolous.

You see my dad is exceptionally careful with money, only in his later years has he started to 'splash out' on luxury items like cars, but that IMO is becuase my grandparents died in their 50's and some of it is to do with his obsession with screwing over the tax man too, the less you know about that obsession the better

Yes Everdawn, I certainly think you are the most fashionable person on here my antipodean friend!

ReputationRep:

Yes Everdawn, I certainly think you are the most fashionable person on here my antipodean friend!
    Why thankyou Joey.

ReputationRep:
    You see my dad is exceptionally careful with money, only in his later years has he started to 'splash out' on luxury items like cars, but that IMO is becuase my grandparents died in their 50's and some of it is to do with his obsession with screwing over the tax man too, the less you know about that obsession the better
    Lol, OK, I think I'll live without details of that obsession! Two of my grandparents died in their 50s, but my parents show no signs of splashing out as such just yet, but that's cos they haven't really got the money (having said that, sending two kids to private school when you can't really afford it, even with scholarships might be viewed as somewhat of an extravagance).

I guess I'm just not a fashion icon, nor will I ever be. I love pretty ball gowns, but until now have not really had much of an occasion for wearing them, apart from my school summer ball. Gave up on competing with the girls at school over clothes, and nobody cares here, so I can wear what I like! One day I will have money to spend on these things...

ReputationRep:
    my red coat was £90

ReputationRep:
    i don't think i've ever spent more than about £70 on anything. How much do people usually pay for normal stuff like jeans t shirts etc?

I never spend more that £20 on a pair of jean for example, i don't see the point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iiikewldude)
    i don't think i've ever spent more than about £70 on anything. How much do people usually pay for normal stuff like jeans t shirts etc?

I never spend more that £20 on a pair of jean for example, i don't see the point.
    jeans...approx £30-£40 quid...
    er...tops....anything from 10 to 50 quid...depending on shop, top style and occasion

ReputationRep:
    What a contrast in posts!

Kate spends £90 on a coat and kewldude doesn't spend more than £20 on jeans!

I agree with kewldude, no real need to spend more money than you need, but then if you want a red coat, like Kate did, then you might as well treat yourself!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theaman)
    What a contrast in posts!

Kate spends £90 on a coat and kewldude doesn't spend more than £20 on jeans!

I agree with kewldude, no real need to spend more money than you need, but then if you want a red coat, like Kate did, then you might as well treat yourself!
    my watch was £200

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.