The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
theaman
Pfft!

Girls these days.......spend, spend, spend! :biggrin:

If they're not shopping, they're planning on their next shopping spree! :tongue:

Which is true in my case.

My one item of weakness is handbags. I love handbags.
Big Sister
You are talking in rupees? I got one for 50,000 rupees (haggled from 100,000) Its a lovely chiffon no. I wore to my last X-mas ball!

Of course in INR's not in Pounds.Going in pounds will make everyone buyer mad!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:
Reply 82
Did I hear "SALE?"
Reply 83
My ball dress, I spent about £150 on it (well, my gran did anyway!)
Well i've spent about 70 on trainers, but are they clothes as such??
Aside from that, i think it must have only been about 30 quid on a jacket.
I prefer good quality clothes, rather than expensive ones, thats why.
Reply 85
Joey_Johns
Indeed. My mum opens all my letters and gives me the 'whats this' and 'whats that' treatment. Grrrr.

Technically it's illegal to open someone else's post.
You people spend far too much money on ball gowns.

I've got 3 - 2 from H & M (one off the shoulder and red and one backless black), they both cost £30 back in 1999 and are still being used now, they have a couple each year - all you have to do is buy one and save it for a year to ensure noone else will be wearing the same one. The last one was from monsoon in the sale and was £50 reduced from £150.

Most I've ever spent was £75 on my boots (Brantana :wink: ) which I regret now because I've hardly worn them as much as the £40 pair with the slightly lower heel. And £100 for my posh suit (from next - kept for best, picked up 2 extra pairs of the trousers for half price in the new years sale though).

My glasses cost me £300 but have lasted 3 years.

My favourite dress (velvet, red, empire line and gorgeous) cost me a wopping £10 (dotty p's in the sales....their frocks have really gone crappy though), and my current favourite (black chinese style with silver embroidered dragon...looks great) cost me £40 from river island (and was a real impulse buy). Both are only knee length though.

All my clothes are accessorised with silver...I loathe gold.
Reply 87
Pencil Queen
All my clothes are accessorised with silver...I loathe gold.

Me too - although I do like white gold, and platinum is even better (well I can dream :wink:
Reply 88
Iluvatar

I prefer good quality clothes, rather than expensive ones, thats why.

Strange, the reason I buy expeinsive clothes is because I prefer good quality..

It's much easier to find expensive and very good quality, than it is to find cheap good quality.
Chris_
Strange, the reason I buy expeinsive clothes is because I prefer good quality..

It's much easier to find expensive and very good quality, than it is to find cheap good quality.

I know, but i find that i am able to find clothes i like really cheap, while the more expensive ones seem to either fall apart, or look ugly in the first place.
Helenia
Technically it's illegal to open someone else's post.

Oh I know that. I now spend my days finding laws like that :tongue: To be more accurate it isn't illegal under certain circumstances like national security etc. Although I doubt my bank statement is that important :biggrin:
Everdawn
Which is true in my case.

My one item of weakness is handbags. I love handbags.

Whats the biz on the game 2moz round your end? The bookies have got silly money on Aussie to win, when you actually look at the kiwi team, it isn't half bad...and the aussie team I would class as a weak one, especially with no Johns or Kimmorley. I expect Gidley and Tahu to have big games at their home ground.
I spent £110 on a prom dress last year, which I now feel really bad about it because it was so overrated!!! but never mind. The most I've spent on "normal" clothes is about £30 for a pair of jeans. I feel guilty spending a lot of money on clothes!!
i spent £65 on a coat...but it was reduced from £130.....
oh and my evening dress was £80 but that was reduced from £150....and i have worn it about 4 times so far....so it has been worth it...
generally i don't spend that much on clothes...however i have pencilled in the week before beginning uni to go on a shopping spree :eek: in birmingham 10-17 september 2004!! if anyone wants to join me let me know!!! :wink:
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 94
Joey_Johns
Oh I know that. I now spend my days finding laws like that :tongue: To be more accurate it isn't illegal under certain circumstances like national security etc. Although I doubt my bank statement is that important :biggrin:

Well, if it has that much money in it, I'm sure there are some people who would be interested in its contents :wink:

Am definitely not in the mood for clothes talk/shopping today - worst dissection session yet this morning, not pretty :frown:
Reply 95
Iluvatar
I know, but i find that i am able to find clothes i like really cheap, while the more expensive ones seem to either fall apart, or look ugly in the first place.

The key here is expensive by way of quality not label!

A lot of designer stuff is tat, the cost is in the association with the label...

Good quality clothes shouldn't fall apart!
Helenia
Well, if it has that much money in it, I'm sure there are some people who would be interested in its contents :wink:

Am definitely not in the mood for clothes talk/shopping today - worst dissection session yet this morning, not pretty :frown:

Lol I doubt my current account has much money in at all, it is most over drawn :tongue:

Bleugh - go away you vile girl :smile:
Fluffy
The key here is expensive by way of quality not label!

A lot of designer stuff is tat, the cost is in the association with the label...

Good quality clothes shouldn't fall apart!

But why then is it that only the cheaper stuff i buy seems to last any length of time, regardless of label?
I should prbably point out that although I'm tight as hell about clothes I recently spent £360 on 6 garden chairs (they were half price).

This no means that I have to contact my house insurance to see if they'll cover £700 worth of chairs sat in our back garden :rolleyes:
Reply 99
Iluvatar
But why then is it that only the cheaper stuff i buy seems to last any length of time, regardless of label?

Because the quality of certain 'trendy' labels is usually poorer than cheaper high street branded goods!

However, take say a Next Blouse at £34 and an Austin Reed blouse at £60. The next blouse will have has it within a few months, while AR blouses still look brand new and hold their shape after a year.

Personally I like to have a few good quality main pieces - skirts, trousers, jackets and team them with cheaper stuff you can afford to throw out after a few months, once they start looking shabby. I love Primark.

Latest

Trending

Trending