The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Fluffy
Because the quality of certain 'trendy' labels is usually poorer than cheaper high street branded goods!

However, take say a Next Blouse at £34 and an Austin Reed blouse at £60. The next blouse will have has it within a few months, while AR blouses still look brand new and hold their shape after a year.

Personally I like to have a few good quality main pieces - skirts, trousers, jackets and team them with cheaper stuff you can afford to throw out after a few months, once they start looking shabby. I love Primark.

Well i get my stuff from indipendent small stores, rather than high street ones usually, because they are the only places that stock the sort of stuff i wear.
Primark is great-everything is so cheap!!! Good for t shirts and stuff like that. xxxxxx
Reply 102
Iluvatar
But why then is it that only the cheaper stuff i buy seems to last any length of time, regardless of label?

The problem with designer label clothes is that they're often made out of more expensive, higher quality fabrics, which also often damages much more easily.

I have ruined 3 pairs of jeans worth £100+ each since I went to uni. I have no other way of drying clothes than in a tumble dryer, which I thought wouldnt damage my jeans because Id had them for about 6 months+ (even though it says not to on the label). They all shrank by about an inch in the leg and around the waist :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending