The Student Room Group

Kingston, Portsmouth or Medway for Pharmacy??

I've got offers from Kingston, Portsmouth and Medway for pharmacy and don't know what to do now! I was originally from Kingston University, where I studied BSc Pharmaceutical Science for a year.

How do students at the Uni find the course, lecturer support, support for finding placements and finding pre-reg placements?

Any help appreciated :smile:
Original post by fishy04
I've got offers from Kingston, Portsmouth and Medway for pharmacy and don't know what to do now! I was originally from Kingston University, where I studied BSc Pharmaceutical Science for a year.

How do students at the Uni find the course, lecturer support, support for finding placements and finding pre-reg placements?

Hi fishy04,

Congratulations on your offers. I'm pleased you are considering Kingston! Many of the student ambassadors I work with study Pharmacy. I think the best thing is what the students say about the course, Anser has blogged about his time as a first year Pharmacy student and will be able to answer any particular questions you may have about the course, as well as giving you an idea.

Good Luck with your offers,

Chloe :smile:
Student Ambassador
Hey there!

I have just confirmed my offer for pharmacy at Kingston! I wanted to know what things I should buy to prepare for it? And how big a bag shall I get? I know at A-levels we had soooo many books to carry everyday! I wander if its different at Uni

From Amrita
Original post by Kingston University
Hi fishy04,

Congratulations on your offers. I'm pleased you are considering Kingston! Many of the student ambassadors I work with study Pharmacy. I think the best thing is what the students say about the course, Anser has blogged about his time as a first year Pharmacy student and will be able to answer any particular questions you may have about the course, as well as giving you an idea.

Good Luck with your offers,

Chloe :smile:
Student Ambassador

The vultures [otherwise known as third rate polys] circle.
Original post by fishy04

It's a pretty sorry bunch, but if you're determined to go for one of them then I'd have to say Portsmouth. Its reputation, whilst not fantastic, is significantly better than the other 2.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending