Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing media studies at a2 with aqa but i really want to answer the question on magazines and gender rather than local newspapers, even though that's what we've been doing in class. Could i pull this off without the teacher finding out? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Without your teacher finding out? Why do you not want them to find out?

If you are confident you can answer it well (though remember teaching in class gears you towards the style of answer; what the examiner is looking for), maybe you should actually discuss it with the teacher, so they can advise you on it.

The teacher's not gonna know what you write in the exam anyway.

ReputationRep:
    because he'd go mental if he knew i'd answered a different question, he already thinks that i'm up myself for some reason. so there's no chance they ever get the question papers back?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't advise it, usually the questions seem not that hard but basically if you haven't been taught the proper wording and stuff you shouldn't. Our Economics teacher always says to us 'just don't even consider doing the other ones, no matter how easy you find it you'll get a bad mark' - I think because someone in his previous classes tried to do it and failed or something.

But if you can teach yourself it, and you honestly think it'll get you a higher grade, and you think you can teach yourself it better than the teacher is teaching you the other one, go for it.

I'm not sure if the teacher will find out.

ReputationRep:
    ok, cool thanks. just a bit worried because i'm taking a gap year in which i'll be here doing photography and life drawing and i'll undoubtedly see him and he has the sort of temper that really scares me! plus, he already thinks i'm a proper lesbian because i was looking at pictures of monica bellucci in lesson! he'll think i just did it so i could perve over womens magazines!

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.