The Student Room Group

Access to Midwifery -So excited! Tips anyone?

Hi Everyone!
My name is Sian. Just joined today! I am SO excited! I start Access to HE - Health and Social Care next week - eeek! I am desperate to work as a Midwife! what is everyone doing to get a better chance of getting in. I have heard it is really really hard? I have started doing some home care work as I have been told they like you to have "dirty work" lol. I have also signed up for a Aspiring Midwife Study Day next month, there will be a student midwife there so I will be asking about what they ask you at intervew as this is the bit that is freaking me out the most!!! oh and tests!!!. I hope that will be enough oh and distinctions all the way of course! Be great to chat! S xxx
Reply 1
Hi, I would phone your chosen universities and ask if they accept access to health and social care as a way into midwifery. I am also starting an access course in september with the plan to study midwifery but I have to do access to science instead as universities dont accept the health and social care as it doesnt have enough science. Are you going to college or are you doing it through an online source?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
There's an FB group with lots of info on applying for midwifery if you're interested? Link below...........

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1476085365968612/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending