The Student Room Group

Could I be starting Menopause?? I'm 17.

My period is normally 26 days and has been regular since I started my period in 2009. I got food poisoning two months ago and also have been doing some intense workouts. My period came twice in the last two months and I've gotten it today again it feels so soon and I'm worried. I think the last date it started was the 26th of July.
i think this is really a question for your doctor
Isn't menopause when you stop having periods? That should be when you're between 40 and 50, maybe your periods are becoming irregular for some reason which only a doctor can explain to you
You can do but it's a rarity for someone so young to be going through menopause. Your periods can stop for various reasons: stress, changes to eating habits, contraception, low iron levels etc.

If you are concerned, I'd suggest speaking to your doctor/nurse.
Sudden changes in exercise can cause changes in your cycle. It's normal.
Reply 5
Thanks for all the responses. I'll wait till next month and if I don't get it I'll go to the doctor.
Original post by Anonymous
My period is normally 26 days and has been regular since I started my period in 2009. I got food poisoning two months ago and also have been doing some intense workouts. My period came twice in the last two months and I've gotten it today again it feels so soon and I'm worried. I think the last date it started was the 26th of July.

No body has asked yet - but could you be pregnant. Also are you taking steroids - if you are a fitness fanatic - that can interfere. Have you lost a lot of weight recently - what is your bmi
Doing a lot of intense sport will have that effect, it's really nothing to worry about. You're still young enough that it will vary occasionally, don't worry. You aren't starting menopause.
Reply 8
Original post by squeakysquirrel
No body has asked yet - but could you be pregnant. Also are you taking steroids - if you are a fitness fanatic - that can interfere. Have you lost a lot of weight recently - what is your bmi

Definitely NOT pregnant, I've never had sex. No steroids either. I was burning 300 calories a day. My bmi is 28.
Reply 9
Original post by perflous
Doing a lot of intense sport will have that effect, it's really nothing to worry about. You're still young enough that it will vary occasionally, don't worry. You aren't starting menopause.

Okay thanks for reassuring me.:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest