What games will you be buying?

Watch
Walkaah
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi everyone!

So it's coming up to that time of year where all the great games are about to be released, which ones will you buy and why?

Here's mine:

Far Cry 4 - I've played the previous Far Cry games and they've never failed to amaze me, love the storyline, animation, and the graphics on the new consoles will be even better!

COD Advanced Warfare - Although COD has been awful in my opinion the past couple of years, I still have faith, and COD just always has to be purchased year after year due to how much I enjoyed playing it back in the day (Cod4, WaW, Mw2). Will it be good this year? Who knows? I hope it will. P.s I love pwning nubz

FIFA 15 - For me, FIFA is and has been the best game ever since I stopped playing COD loads, and I expect FIFA 15 to live up to everyone's expectations. FIFA is and will continue to have bull**** goals and other junk involved, but somehow it’s still my favourite game, but it has to be said this is because I am a huge football fan and I love the Premier League & other Leagues around the World.

As I am not the wealthiest of people I cannot afford all the games, but wish I could. Here's my wish list of other games I would like to pre-order if I had unlimited money:

· Battlefield Hardline
· GTA5 (just for better graphics on new consoles)
· The Elder Scrolls – I quite like a bit of Skyrim

So there’s mine, now it's time to share yours! You never know, you might even convince me to change my mind
getfunky!
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Destiny, I think Bungie will deliver a brilliant start to a new franchise.

I'm not as excited for Far Cry 4, it's better than the previous game but not very different.
HandmadeTurnip
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
GTA V (PC)

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Civilization: Beyond Earth

Far Cry 4

I'm not necessarily buying all of them, I'll probably wait to see what sort of reception Dragon Age and Far Cry get before committing. Especially as they're being published by EA and Ubisoft.
Shodann
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I will more than likely get gta 5 for pc, tempted by CoD: AW but I may wait to see what happens at uni if loads of people use a console that I'm friends with I'd get one of those instead. Destiny for PC maybe and No mans Sky for pc is a possibility to.

Depends who plays on which system when I go to uni, but I imagine gta 5 for PC is a shoe in so I can play with ppl from college and I have a decent pc to handle it on high settings hopefully.
Neverdie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Anything good on sale for under £2 on GoG.com (used to be Steam until they reeled in the discounts and put prices up).

I don't follow previews and trailers and that, so don't know what's coming, but all I see in your list is the same game released a year later. Where's the new games?
HandmadeTurnip
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Neverdie)
Anything good on sale for under £2 on GoG.com (used to be Steam until they reeled in the discounts and put prices up).

I don't follow previews and trailers and that, so don't know what's coming, but all I see in your list is the same game released a year later. Where's the new games?
How many newly released games are going to be on GoG for less than £2? Also, the majority of games he listed have yet to be released on any platform. Or are you referring to the idea that they're too similar to previous iterations in their respective series?
Neverdie
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by HandmadeTurnip)
How many newly released games are going to be on GoG for less than £2? Also, the majority of games he listed have yet to be released on any platform. Or are you referring to the idea that they're too similar to previous iterations in their respective series?
Not many, maybe the odd game.

I don't know what you're saying about them not being released yet. of course they haven't been released yet; they are new releases.

I'm referring to them not only being sequels, but often carbon copies.
HandmadeTurnip
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Not many, maybe the odd game.

I don't know what you're saying about them not being released yet. of course they haven't been released yet; they are new releases.

I'm referring to them not only being sequels, but often carbon copies.
Ok, it just sounded like you were referring to the fact that the likes of GTA and The Elder Scrolls Online originally came out a while ago.
Neverdie
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ok, it just sounded like you were referring to the fact that the likes of GTA and The Elder Scrolls Online originally came out a while ago.
That's true as well. Re-releases of games that came out barely a year ago don't fill me with excitement. The graphical improvements aren't noticable during gameplay, not like PS2 to PS3 or SD to HD. I would've expected any graphical improvements to come a few years from now, don't see the point in releasing them now.
Walkaah
Rep:
?
(Original post by getfunky!)
Destiny, I think Bungie will deliver a brilliant start to a new franchise.

I'm not as excited for Far Cry 4, it's better than the previous game but not very different.
Have you played a demo of Far Cry 4 then?

Oh, sorry yes I suppose it is a sequel, but what I call a 'new' game.
Walkaah
Rep:
?
(Original post by Shodann)
I will more than likely get gta 5 for pc, tempted by CoD: AW but I may wait to see what happens at uni if loads of people use a console that I'm friends with I'd get one of those instead. Destiny for PC maybe and No mans Sky for pc is a possibility to.

Depends who plays on which system when I go to uni, but I imagine gta 5 for PC is a shoe in so I can play with ppl from college and I have a decent pc to handle it on high settings hopefully.
Destiny is a bit like Halo isn't it? I'm one of those rare people you'll find who don't like Halo, sorry!
XxKingSniprxX
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
COD Advance warfare #Pre-ordered
HandmadeTurnip
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
COD Advance warfare #Pre-ordered
Combined with your username, your post is the perfect representation of the stereotypical COD player.
User1214833
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Combined with your username, your post is the perfect representation of the stereotypical COD player.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ashnard
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Super Smash Bros. 3DS. No explanation required.
Shodann
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Walkaah)
Destiny is a bit like Halo isn't it? I'm one of those rare people you'll find who don't like Halo, sorry!

Yeah I'm not quite sure what its really about as I've only seen videos online, but its a bit like an MMO-FPS where you have a an open world/area with other people and then you can go and do missions solo or with other people; but its also got the usual fps modes like domination etc online.

Thats a maybe for me anyway as its something different, its a pain that PC stuff comes out a year later than other systems its been a real pain with console only games to; really cant be bothered with PC gaming much after GTA 5 tbh.
username1027456
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Fifa 15 and far cry 4. Not sure about other cool stuff coming out this year... anyone care to enlighten me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Walkaah
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hitashami)
Fifa 15 and far cry 4. Not sure about other cool stuff coming out this year... anyone care to enlighten me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Take it you're not a fan of COD?
username1027456
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Take it you're not a fan of COD?
Nope. Dope. Cope. Lope. Nope. Sorry about that, I enjoyed gears of war 2 and then tried halo reach and I just thought shooters aren't for me, first person shooters I mean. And so no, not into cod. Hey, have you played crisis 3? I'm thinking of getting it but only if it meets one requirement.

Posted from TSR Mobile
getfunky!
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Have you played a demo of Far Cry 4 then?

Oh, sorry yes I suppose it is a sequel, but what I call a 'new' game.
Havent played FC4 demos, however I have watched nearly all the gameplay released so far, I did complete FC3, and the two are very similar. The graphics are an improvement, but it just doesn't seem amazing:erm:

:lol: from the same studio as Halo, but not quite the same, Halo seems more sci-fi than Destiny does so far, and it is quite strange that you have an affinity for CoD Advanced Warfighter despite not liking the Halo series, as the former takes a lot of "inspiration" and has coped the game mechanics of Halo - exo suits, battle rifles with ammo remaining displayed on the gun, hover vehicles, jet packs, perks for your exo suit, laser/beam weapons. Even the CTF voice-overs sound quite similar 'your flag has been taken'/'enemy has your flag'
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (64)
21.84%
Excited but a bit nervous (132)
45.05%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.29%
I'm really nervous (61)
20.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed