Why Everton will do better than Liverpool this season

Watch this thread
Numberwang
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I think it goes under the radar how good-a-team Everton has. Ross Barkley may be injured for a while, but Everton's midfield is extremely strong.

Everton's secret weapon is the stability of their team. Their defence have been together now for a number of years and, although they conceded 2 against Leicester, I think they'll be tighter as the season goes on (Martinez should've played Hibbert at right-back rather than Stones). McCarthy, Barry and Osman are great in the middle of the park, while you won't get a better left or (I'd argue) right hand side in the entire Premier League.

One striker and one further central midfielder (if only Everton could afford Vidal) would make them title contenders in my view, but I think a top-four finish is well within Martinez's capabilities.

With Jagielka making a few costly errors last season, I can see a peculiar pairing of John Stones and Sylvain Distin becoming the norm - with 16 years between them, it's a combination you don't often see in the PL.

Meanwhile, Liverpool have done a Spurs and instead of replacing Suarez with a like-for-like striker and making subtler changes to the rest of the team, naive Brendan Rodgers has gone at it hammer and tongue and spent many millions without actually getting anybody world class. Much like Spurs when they lost Bale - except, Christian Eriksen is star quality.

I'm going to go down the bookies and put a bet on, as I'm sure I'll get good odds, boosted maybe by the results of the first game and the Ross Barkley news.
Yesss I diddd
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
Lmfao stick to your day job not analysing football
Deshi
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Ban bet me that we finish above you

Edit: Admittedly just realised you're some admin guy.
Numberwang
Rep:
(Original post by Yesss I diddd)
Lmfao stick to your day job not analysing football
I don't know whether you've noticed my tag but this kind of *is* my day job!
Skill Twix
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I would prefer Stones to Hibbert.
Numberwang
Rep:
(Original post by Skill Twix)
I would prefer Stones to Hibbert.
At right back? Not after the performance against Leicester, surely? Why?

I'm confused at why Martinez has given Hibbert a new two-year contract if he's not even second choice to Coleman, especially given his wages will be higher than Stones and even Barkley.
Skill Twix
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Stones is fascinating and pacey!Hibbert is boring to watch.Well,I heard Barkley is earning 90k every week!
barneystin
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Deshi)
Ban bet me that we finish above you

Edit: Admittedly just realised you're some admin guy.
i like the sound of a ban bet.

Care to make one on tonight's Chelsea game?

I will lay a Chelsea -2 bet. no one gets banned if its draw when chelsea -2 goals.

up for it?
Deshi
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by barneystin)
i like the sound of a ban bet.

Care to make one on tonight's Chelsea game?

I will lay a Chelsea -2 bet. no one gets banned if its draw when chelsea -2 goals.

up for it?
But I predicted Chelsea will win 3-0 haha

Who do you support?
barneystin
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Deshi)
But I predicted Chelsea will win 3-0 haha

Who do you support?
arsenal fan.

great!

it's official then yeah?

if chelsea win -2 then I will request a permaban.

if however they don't win -2 you have to request a permaban.

in the event of a draw when chelsea are -2 then then it will act as no bet took place.

As per usual standard Asian handicap lines.

Don't back out now.
Deshi
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by barneystin)
arsenal fan.

great!

it's official then yeah?

if chelsea win -2 then I will request a permaban.

if however they don't win -2 you have to request a permaban.

in the event of a draw when chelsea are -2 then then it will act as no bet took place.

As per usual standard Asian handicap lines.

Don't back out now.
Lmao screw that, I ain't that confident in Chelsea.

You can have the main picture space in my sig for two weeks though. I don't even know which user you are, I'm assuming you're a reincarnation of someone
barneystin
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Deshi)
Lmao screw that, I ain't that confident in Chelsea.

You can have the main picture space in my sig for two weeks though. I don't even know which user you are, I'm assuming you're a reincarnation of someone
man why you screwing with my time.

im gunna go take this to someone serious.
Skill Twix
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Numberwang)
At right back? Not after the performance against Leicester, surely? Why?

I'm confused at why Martinez has given Hibbert a new two-year contract if he's not even second choice to Coleman, especially given his wages will be higher than Stones and even Barkley.
Stones is fascinating and pacey!Hibbert is boring to watch.Well,I heard Barkley is earning 90k every week!
sr90
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Tony Hibbert is still playing? I honestly thought he retired a couple of seasons ago.
mccrae01
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Agree with all the above points in the OP but I think Liverpool will finish above Everton this season ( Liverpool 4th , Everton 5th) - and this is from an Everton fan
Mackay
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by mccrae01)
Agree with all the above points in the OP but I think Liverpool will finish above Everton this season ( Liverpool 4th , Everton 5th) - and this is from an Everton fan
Never realised you were a Toffee, McCrae! You kept that quiet.
mccrae01
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Mackay)
Never realised you were a Toffee, McCrae! You kept that quiet.
I pop into the relevant threads to gloat when we win , but dont post that often in the society threads so I suppose its never that clear who I support
yo radical one
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Bunch of hipster nonsense here.
Yesss I diddd
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Numberwang)
I don't know whether you've noticed my tag but this kind of *is* my day job!
If your job is to promote discussion and do it via realistic and sensible contributions then you should be looking over your shoulder.

On the other hand they could just be paying you for chatting **** on the internet, which is quite an interesting job role. But seeing as you troll worse than most on FF I wouldn't think you're doing that to a particularly high standard either.
username1027456
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I will see you lose your bet. Everton will finish lower than Liverpool. Or same points. Never above.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (38)
26.21%
As I expected (47)
32.41%
Harder (53)
36.55%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.83%

Watched Threads