The Student Room Group

3 or 4 A2's for Cambridge?

xx
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by sbzk101
Hi everyone! I've decided to apply to Cambridge medical school after my AS results. I did biology, chemistry, physics and maths, and did very well in them. Is it a good idea to apply with 4 A2's or 3A2's?
I think that I might get 3A* predictions for biology, chemistry and maths for A2, but I'm probably going to be predicted an A for physics for A2. I also hated physics in AS!
Is it worth me dropping it and focusing on 3A2s that I am confident I can do well in and enjoy, or do 4A2s with one subject that I both dislike and am not confident about if I'm gonna apply to Cambridge?
Thanks

If you hated physics at AS, do not take it at A2. It's not going to put you ahead in your application!

What was your average UMS % at AS level? That's going to be the important figure for your Cambridge app!
Original post by sbzk101
Hi everyone! I've decided to apply to Cambridge medical school after my AS results. I did biology, chemistry, physics and maths, and did very well in them. Is it a good idea to apply with 4 A2's or 3A2's?
I have no idea but I guess that Cambridge is one of the best universities in the country so it's got high expectations and levels. Because of that, I would do 4 A2's but after all the choice is yours.:smile:
Original post by sbzk101
Maybe I should stick with 4 until I receive word of whether I've got in or not, and then drop physics if I haven't?

You could ask in the Admissions Tutor thread in the Cambridge forum about this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending