PsychologyLover
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I'm 21 and I've always had this thing in me that I will never learn to drive because I simply just don't want to. Is that weird or is that something normal because I have been saying this for a very long time :confused:
shahbaz
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm 19 and I havent learn't I saved the money for uni instead also train/underground>car in London.
tillytots
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm exactly the same. My family keep telling me do it but I have absolutely no interest in learning whatsoever.
PsychologyLover
Rep:
?
That's exactly the same with my fam been on my case for 3 years now but i keep saying no. i told them il depend on trains and buses and get a hubby whol take me everywhere
lolarose8
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm 20 and I still don't know how to drive and never had the desire to etheir, until now. So I'm going to start taking lessons after the summer holidays
bubeto123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I am 25 and just learnt to drive, before i never even thought to start because i had no interested in driving, so i think is normal you might do it later.
I only started because it's more job opportunity....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Can't say I ever much cared about learning to drive. Cars are expensive, lessons are expensive, and it's not like traveling is particularly tough in the densely-populated South. I still can't drive a car at 25.

So instead of dealing with a giant expensive metal cage I opted for a small motorbike instead. No parking charges, cheap insurance, and fueling it costs practically nothing. Less practical than a car but it fills the gap between relying public transport and getting stuff done on your own quite nicely.
TornadoGR4
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's not necessary to drive, but I think it's useful to hold a license and at least know how to drive. You can't always rely on public transport, particularly if the weather is iffy & having a car is certainly more practical for carrying load like shopping or equipment. Employers will take these things into account and it could be that not knowing how to drive could be a disadvantage for you.
PsychologyLover
Rep:
?
Hey guys thanks for the replies. As of now I'm still not interested but it might be the case I may learn down the future line but right now I'm sticking to not learn
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (25)
13.23%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.35%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.76%
I need help with my personal statement (79)
41.8%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (46)
24.34%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.59%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (15)
7.94%

Watched Threads