The Student Room Group

A-Level nightmare!

Hello, so I just got my results last Thursday and came away with AAC (I got ACCD at AS so turned it round), with this I got into my first choice uni. However I had applied for the Accenture Horizons scheme to do during my Gap Year and managed to get a place. Unfortunately when they heard I got AAC and not the required AAB they flatly told me I could no longer participate (gutted as I was 6 and 9 UMS off 2 A*'s). Looking further into this I have seen that many of the firms I will be applying to during and after Uni require 340 UCAS points (AAB). Therefore I have decided to retake a few modules during my gap year to try and achieve A*AB. The issue is that 1 or 2 of the firms say they want them in the first sitting. Will they be able to see from my A-Level certificates that I did not take them all in one sitting? Even if I were to do at least 1 module from every subject so they would all be dated 2015? Thanks for your time
Reply 1
I think the best thing to do would be to phone up the unis and ask if they would be okay with you retaking the way that you are and if not maybe apply to others or just get your papers remarked at 6 UMS isnt a whole lot.
Reply 2
Do these firms not look at overall UCAS points?

Assuming you dropped the D, your grades as they stand are AACd - 120, 120, 80, 30 - 350 points.

Congrats on getting into your firm.

Quick Reply

Latest