Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slim786)
    what about the holland team that had gullit, rijkaard, koeman and van baston or ajax team in mid 1990's
    that was a good team indeed

ReputationRep:
    How about Burnley - 1950s, the Bob Lord era.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    How about Burnley - 1950s, the Bob Lord era.
    LOL u serious?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_watson87)
    If Didier Deschamps stays at Monaco, i reckon they will be considered a very highly rated team in the future, if not one of the greatest.
    Some people. Never. Learn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    Some people. Never. Learn.
    Monaco is a very good side at the moment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    LOL u serious?
    Very likely the best team in Europe at the time.

ReputationRep:
    Brazil 70 are undoubtefly the best team EVER... the only teams that come close are Madrid of the 50s and Milan of late 80s who arent even in the poll :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dil)
    Brazil 70 are undoubtefly the best team EVER... the only teams that come close are Madrid of the 50s and Milan of late 80s who arent even in the poll :confused:
    madrid of the 50s are in the poll, but you probs just meant milan arent in the poll :cool:

ReputationRep:
    madrid of the 50s are in the poll, but you probs just meant milan arent in the poll :cool:
    yep there probably should have been a few commas chucked into that sentence! i think that a lot of people who dont know anything about football have voted in this poll- what is so amazing about the galacticos? certainly not the best ever side!

ReputationRep:
    I bet Lord's Burnley could have beaten Madrid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dil)
    yep there probably should have been a few commas chucked into that sentence! i think that a lot of people who dont know anything about football have voted in this poll- what is so amazing about the galacticos? certainly not the best ever side!
    its hard to compare but i agree with you, though it will be a long time till we will find such a start studded team with god knows how many world player of the year in it

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure everyones noticed the glaring omission from this list: Stockport County in the 1990s (especially 97).

We reached Wembley 5 times in the 90s......and lost everytime! Also, in 1997 we reached the league cup semi-final and got promoted!

I would rectify this situation ASAP before the barrage of complaints build up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    I'm sure everyones noticed the glaring omission from this list: Stockport County in the 1990s (especially 97).

We reached Wembley 5 times in the 90s......and lost everytime! Also, in 1997 we reached the league cup semi-final and got promoted!

I would rectify this situation ASAP before the barrage of complaints build up.
    stockport county? mmmm

ReputationRep:
    man united 99

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VoodooDoll)
    man united 99
    I think if it's any Man U team then it's probably the one of the 60s.

ReputationRep:
    stockport county? mmmm

Yes! We have always secured the moral victory. Despite the fact we have the structure of a conference club, we're still in the Football League (maybe not for much longer pending the next season).

ReputationRep:
    The Man Utd team of 1968 did well to win the European Cup, despite losing over half of their team to the Munich plane crash 10 years before. If that never happened, they would have been dominating the 60s.

ReputationRep:
    What about Denmark '92!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XTinaA)
    What about Denmark '92!!!
    2 words:

home advantage

OR

Peter Schmeichel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chidori)
    2 words: home advantage
    Don't you mean: Peter Schmeichel?

Besides, Denmark didn't host it did they? I thought they only got in because Yugoslavia pulled out...

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.