This discussion is closed.
kurt44
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by chidori)
You had the chance to win the treble and f*cked up.

We weren't just lucky during extra-time.

We had to go through a tough group stage with Barcelona, then beat Inter Milan in the quarter-final and then Juventus in the semi-final before playing Bayern Munich. Call that luck? I don't think so. The Yorke-Cole partnership was one of the most feared back then. Too bad they can't reproduce that at Blackburn, lol.
was i not sherri and solskjear who scored the cup win
sherri and scoles in the fa

yorkey and coley

pah theyre ****e!
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kurt44)
was i not sherri and solskjear who scored the cup win
sherri and scoles in the fa

yorkey and coley

pah theyre ****e!
You're refuting the claim that, in their prime, Yorke and Cole weren't a feared partnership?
kurt44
(Original post by Bigcnee)
You're refuting the claim that, in their prime, Yorke and Cole weren't a feared partnership?

theyre not henry bergkamp are they???
kurt44
!!!!!
kurt44
where are Coventry's votes then?
kurt44
manu99 are edging it again!
LeedsStriker
Report 16 years ago
Leeds of 2001

Champions League Semi Final

Look at the talent,

Bowyer, Kewell, Woodgate, Ferdinand, Keano,

too bad they all gone :mad:
kurt44
(Original post by LeedsStriker)
Leeds of 2001

Champions League Semi Final

Look at the talent,

Bowyer, Kewell, Woodgate, Ferdinand, Keano,

too bad they all gone :mad:

at least youll play at highfield roads last season!!!
material breach
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It shows how little some people have of football in the fact that people have voted for man utd 99 and the arsenal team at the moment. Both teams are no where near as good as the Real Madrid team with Di Stefano and Puskas (yes the bloke who helped demolish england for those you who were ignorant enought to vote for man utd + arsenal) Neither team has has success at a international level or european level which is consistant. If you take the best player in the man utd say for argument sake Keane and compare him to Carlos Aberto(Sp?) of the Brazil team of the 1970s then its a joke. Take strikers: pele or yorke? thats a hard one?

It just shows how naive people are and how the belief in the moment have brush past greats out of way in a wave of media driven BS.
Baron Huntroyde
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm very surprised 8 have voted for Aresnal 2004 over most of the other teams - they have only won one thing this season!
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Speciez99)
It shows how little some people have of football in the fact that people have voted for man utd 99 and the arsenal team at the moment. Both teams are no where near as good as the Real Madrid team with Di Stefano and Puskas (yes the bloke who helped demolish england for those you who were ignorant enought to vote for man utd + arsenal) Neither team has has success at a international level or european level which is consistant. If you take the best player in the man utd say for argument sake Keane and compare him to Carlos Aberto(Sp?) of the Brazil team of the 1970s then its a joke. Take strikers: pele or yorke? thats a hard one?

It just shows how naive people are and how the belief in the moment have brush past greats out of way in a wave of media driven BS.
Very true.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (242)
47.08%
Take exams next summer (70)
13.62%
Change uni choice through clearing (111)
21.6%
Apply to uni next year instead (53)
10.31%
I'm not applying to university (38)
7.39%

Watched Threads