The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Insurance Choice Students

How many people had Sheffield as their insurance choice? I thought we could all provide moral support for each other while we wait to get accommodation news.
Original post by Disaidra
How many people had Sheffield as their insurance choice? I thought we could all provide moral support for each other while we wait to get accommodation news.

:hello:

Sheffield was my insurance choice (Bristol firm), although ultimately as the months went by i did secretly want to miss out on Bristol. Here's hoping for Endcliffe or Ranmoor rather than private accommodation, although if in 'private' it is somewhere like UNITE then i don't think that will be too bad.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
Lol, I had the same feelings XD My firm choice was Warwick. I technically just missed out on Sheffield too but they took me anyway. I'm pretty sure I'd be happy with any accommodation that's not catered. I'd rather not have to deal with house hunting only three weeks before I have to move in though :/
Original post by Disaidra
Lol, I had the same feelings XD My firm choice was Warwick. I technically just missed out on Sheffield too but they took me anyway. I'm pretty sure I'd be happy with any accommodation that's not catered. I'd rather not have to deal with house hunting only three weeks before I have to move in though :/

What subject was this for, if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 4
Physics. I'm doing theoretical physics at Sheffield, but Warwick only offers straight physics which means labs D: Also I'm not sure I liked the accommodation as much.
Original post by _Morsey_
:hello:

Sheffield was my insurance choice (Bristol firm), although ultimately as the months went by i did secretly want to miss out on Bristol. Here's hoping for Endcliffe or Ranmoor rather than private accommodation, although if in 'private' it is somewhere like UNITE then i don't think that will be too bad.

I also had Bristol as my firm and Sheffield as my insurance, praying for either Endcliffe or Ranmoor self catered
Just to let you guys know, i firmed sheffield and wanted deluxe endcliffe ensuite in a mixed flat, I ended up with Ranmoor standard ensuite with in a single sex flat (they did say I could have endcliffe but needed to want catered or shared bathroom)

I'm guessing this was due to being beat out by the people who were international or took BTEC as they got their results earlier so got allocated accomodation first.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Apparently its still likely that insurance/clearing students will get uni accommodation, i just hope i dont end up in city halls as ive heard its less social
Original post by Samm10
Apparently its still likely that insurance/clearing students will get uni accommodation, i just hope i dont end up in city halls as ive heard its less social

Mind if I ask where you heard that?

Are you sure you don't mean university-approved accomodation which includes private halls. I applied through clearing and chose endcliffe which i think was stupid, should have chosen Ranmoor I think.
Reply 9
Reply 10
We are in the same boat. But don't worry, I have a tent for 4.
We should hopefully find out our accommodation this week.
Reply 12
I already packed my tent.

Quick Reply

Latest