The Student Room Group

Guys, do you dislike it if a girl is overdressed or underdressed at a party?

When it comes to house parties and things there's always quite a lot of 'girl politics' about what to wear - dress or skirt or shorts, and of course the ever present heels or flats? But quite a big problem is how 'dressy' what you wear is.

For example, one of my friends hosted a party last weekend, she wore a tight bodycon dress, fair bit of makeup and flats. I wore denim shorts and a nice top, a little bit of mascara and light eyeliner (because I'm lazy as hell :lol:), so the question here is:

Would it be a turn off if a girl had dressed up too much or not dressed up enough?

(inb4 'there's no such thing as underdressed, I like my girls naked brah')

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
if it shows dat ass then all good
Hmmm peaches n cream.....
To busy concerned with how I look. Also don't care about dress codes. Where what you want for all I care.
there's no such thing as underdressed, I like my girls naked brah
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
To busy concerned with how I look. Also don't care about dress codes. Where what you want for all I care.

This tbh. Wear what makes you comfy. I've gone out clubbing before with friends with some girls who are in super high heels with tight dresses and lots of makeup and other girls in flats/jeans/less makeup. Nobody really cares I've found.
Original post by Precious Illusions
This tbh. Wear what makes you comfy. I've gone out clubbing before with friends with some girls who are in super high heels with tight dresses and lots of makeup and other girls in flats/jeans/less makeup. Nobody really cares I've found.

:yes:

It's also entirely possible to look very sexy in just jeans and a hoody. If that is the reason why someone might dress up.
I'd rather be overdressed than underdressed at a party :tongue:
Original post by Peaches and Cream
I wore denim shorts and a nice top, a little bit of mascara and light eyeliner (because I'm lazy as hell :lol:)

Is it just me or does anybody else not get the overdressed thing?
Original post by 29Bilal96
Is it just me or does anybody else not get the overdressed thing?

What do you mean?
I like overdressed ATM.
Reply 11
not really, i mean its about the girls personality, heck i go to parties under dressed a lot and i'm a guy, but i don't base people on their looks
What do you mean?

wait is overdressed wearing too much, or putting in too much effort :confused: yeah sorry for being dopey, long day :rolleyes:
Reply 13
Original post by 29Bilal96
wait is overdressed wearing too much, or putting in too much effort :confused: yeah sorry for being dopey, long day :rolleyes:

It's like wearing a suit to go shopping or something
When it comes to house parties and things there's always quite a lot of 'girl politics' about what to wear - dress or skirt or shorts, and of course the ever present heels or flats? But quite a big problem is how 'dressy' what you wear is.

For example, one of my friends hosted a party last weekend, she wore a tight bodycon dress, fair bit of makeup and flats. I wore denim shorts and a nice top, a little bit of mascara and light eyeliner (because I'm lazy as hell :lol:), so the question here is:

Would it be a turn off if a girl had dressed up too much or not dressed up enough?

(inb4 'there's no such thing as underdressed, I like my girls naked brah')

lmao. just makes me laugh when girls talk about clothes. Have no idea what any of that means. Don't think anyone would care. unless they're into fashion or whatever.

Less is more though.
Is moderation not a valid answer?
Original post by Ndella
It's like wearing a suit to go shopping or something

okay :tongue:
Since when did girls care about what guys think of their outfit?
Not a fan of overdressed or girls who make WAY too much effort in general.
"(inb4 'there's no such thing as underdressed, I like my girls naked brah')"

Haha I found that bit really funny! :laugh:

But to answer the question, i think i'd prefer a girl to overdress as oppose to be underdressed at parties and social gatherings as it shows that she's made an effort and takes pride in her appearance. Just as long as it's not way over the top.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest